CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 9 /PRNewswire/ -- If you've made over your plate glass bathroom mirror with a MirrorMate® frame -- or are thinking about it -- now is the time to make it happen and share that transformation with everyone! Through August 15, 2010, MirrorMate customers can post photos of their makeovers on www.mirrormateforum.com. There you can see how your makeover compares to others, get great design ideas and vote for your favorites. The best makeover will win $500 and be featured on the MirrorMate website homepage this fall.
As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words. This contest gives everyone the chance to see makeovers first hand and share them with friends, family and other MirrorMate fans.
"Once you've seen a before and after photo of a MirrorMate transformation you will be inspired," said Lisa Huntting, president and inventor of the MirrorMate® frame. "We're excited to see all the great makeovers and give fans a place to share -- and show off -- their projects."
Contest Overview: During the period beginning 12:01 AM EDT, May 15, 2010 and ending 12:59 PM EDT, August 15, 2010, MirrorMate customers will be able to upload before and after images of their bathroom makeovers using MirrorMate® frames and be entered into the "Rate My MirrorMate Makeover & Win" Contest. Customers can then invite friends and family to vote for their makeover at www.mirrormateforum.com. The top 10 fan-ranked makeovers as of August 15, 2010 will be entered to win a first, second, or third place prize as determined by MirrorMate and a committee of design professionals. The three winning makeovers will be announced September 15, 2010, featured on MirrorMate.com and receive an American Express gift card.
Eligibility: U.S. or Canadian residents who have used MirrorMate frame(s) in a makeover. Entrants must be registered users of the forum.
Start and End Dates: Pictures can be posted starting at 12:01 AM May 15, 2010. The contest will run through 12:59 PM on August 15, 2010 and the winners announced on September 15, 2010.
Prizes: The Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 American Express gift card. The second prize winner will receive a $250 American Express gift card and the third prize will receive a $100 American Express gift card. The winners will be announced on MirrorMate's home page, blog, Facebook page, Twitter page and through press release(s), etc.
Procedure: The grand prize, second place and third place winners will be chosen from among the top 10 fan-ranked entries as of August 15, 2010 by a committee of design professionals (selected at MirrorMate's discretion and by MirrorMate staff). Selection will be based on the entrant's design aesthetic and transformation from "before" to "after" as showcased in the photos.
TIPS FOR TAKING PICTURES OF YOUR MAKEOVER
1. Model your image after ones the professionals take. Flip through home-design publications for great examples, taking note of the photos compositions, angles, and styling.
2. Shoot at an angle; you don't want to photograph yourself in the mirror taking a picture!
3. When you take your before and after pictures, take them from the same place at the same angle. You want to show that this is the same bathroom, improved by a MirrorMate® frame and your design ideas!
4. Remove clutter (your toothbrush for example) from your bathroom and make sure surfaces are cleaned of fingerprints, smudges, dirt, and other blemishes that might show up in a photograph.
5. Style the room for your "after" shot. While you want the scene to be clean and simple, it will help the entire look of the room to add a touch of decor. Think pictures, candles, flowers, and other accessories. Just try not to do too much at once to avoid tackiness.
6. Let in natural light as well as artificial light. Open windows and blinds and turn on lights.
7. If you have a tripod, use it. It will ensure a sharp, non-blurry shot. If not, try to take as stable a shot as possible.
8. Do not use your flash if possible. It will cause unsightly reflections and unnatural color.
Upload your photos. Share your makeover with friends and family. Ask them to vote. Enjoy and be inspired by all the MirrorMate makeovers! Visit www.mirrormateforum.com today.
ABOUT MIRRORMATE LLC
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, MirrorMate LLC was founded by Lisa Huntting, who invented the company's flagship product, the MirrorMate® frame, as a design solution for the bare mirrors in her own home. As the original and industry leader, MirrorMate frames are patented in the U.S. with additional patents pending in Canada. For retail and wholesale information, as well as a MirrorMate demonstration video, please visit www.mirrormate.com and for commercial information, visit www.mirrormatecommercial.com. MirrorMate can also be found at www.twitter.com/mirrormate and www.facebook.com/mirrormateframes.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE MirrorMate LLC