ATLANTA, Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mom Corps (www.momcorps.com), a national flexible staffing firm, today released findings from its second annual online survey conducted on its behalf by Harris Interactive from July 26-30, 2012 among 1,096 working adults about their preferences around work/life issues.
Survey results show:
- Nearly one in two working adults (45%) are willing to give up some percentage of their salary for more flexibility at work; nearly 10% (8.6%) is the average proportion of their salary working adults are willing to relinquish—almost double the amount of last year's survey (5.8%).
- Sixty-seven percent of working adults agree that it is possible to "have it all" when it comes to work-life balance, and interestingly there is no significant difference here between women (68%) and men (66%).
- More than half (53%) of working adults think they would get more work done if they had the ability to work from home occasionally. Nearly two in three (62%) 18-34 year olds agree.
- Sixty percent of working adults agree that the state of the economy has no impact on their desire for increased flexibility at work.
"This year's dialogue surrounding work/life issues has helped professionals realize that having control over the way they work shouldn't be an extraordinary request," says Mom Corps CEO, Allison O'Kelly. "Companies are becoming more amenable to alternative work programs, and as professionals come to terms with the idea of flexibility, they are shaping their careers accordingly."
Other key findings on working parents:
- More than four in five (81%) working parents feel that flexible work options would allow them to be a better parent to their children.
- Seventy-one percent of working parents agree that flexibility is one of the most important factors they consider when looking for a new job or deciding what company to work for.
For complete survey methodology, contact Lisa Tilt, email@example.com.
About Mom Corps
Launched in 2005 by Allison O'Kelly—a CPA, Harvard MBA and working mother, Mom Corps is a leading professional staffing firm specializing in locating talent that does not typically connect with traditional recruiting firms. Mom Corps partners with Fortune 500 companies, small to mid-size businesses, academic institutions and non-profits nationwide. More information at www.momcorps.com.
About the Survey
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Mom Corps from July 26-30, 2012 among 2,207 adults ages 18 and older, of whom, 1,096 are "working adults" (employed full time and/or part time) and 309 are "working parents" (employed full time and/or part time AND parent or legal guardian of children under 18 years old residing in their household). This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Lisa Tilt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Mom Corps