NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Industry leaders from insurance and reinsurance companies, industry trade associations, service companies and regulatory agencies will gather together for the annual Property/Casualty Joint Industry Forum on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Hosted by the Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.), the Forum is the industry's first major event of the year. The event will set the tone for 2018 and offer a setting for open dialogue on the current state of the property/casualty insurance industry.
The Forum brings together key figures who are driving innovation and value creation in their respective organizations, offering access to invaluable information for industry leaders who are dealing with a business transformation climate that is unprecedented in both pace and scope. Property/casualty insurers offer commercial, auto, and homeowners insurance.
Registration for the event is open to executives and academic experts from both the insurance industry and related fields, such as finance, cybersecurity, Insurtech and government affairs.
"2017 brought catastrophic losses, new risks, continued economic and geopolitical disruption, and an insurance technology revolution," said Sean Kevelighan, CEO of the I.I.I. "The insurance industry will emerge from the most significant catastrophe events in recent years with an opportunity to meet consumers' changing needs and have a positive economic impact on customers and communities, making the discussions at this year's Joint Industry Forum more important than ever."
This year's theme – Leading through Disruption – will encourage an informative and interactive exchange of ideas through a series of panels with industry leaders including a unique opportunity to hear from insurance CEOs, including Brian Duperreault, of American International Group, and Bruce Kelley, of EMC Insurance Group, and Argo's Mark Watson. Additional panel discussions will include:
- Economic Disruption – A discussion on the changing needs of the insurance market and how a looming industry talent gap is posing new and unique challenges for insurers.
- Leadership Challenge: A CEO Perspective – An exclusive opportunity to engage in a high-level discussion with top insurance company CEOs as they assess their greatest challenges.
- Geopolitical Disruption – A review of the short- and long-term insurance implications of recent geopolitical changes and their effect on immigration, taxes, trade, regulation and political risk led by International affairs experts.
- Catastrophe Trends – A conversation about how the devastation caused by back-to-back hurricanes, a continuing wildfire crisis in the West and major global earthquakes have impacted both insurers and reinsurers.
- Digital Technology Revolution – A look at how artificial intelligence (AI), telematics, usage-based insurance and blockchain are radically changing the way the insurance industry assesses, transfers and manages risk and services its customers.
Keynote speakers at this year's Forum include Kevelighan, Dana Perino, best-selling author and co-host of FOX News' "The Five" and Terrell Davis, NFL Hall of Fame inductee. The Forum will also continue the tradition of bringing together leaders from other Property/Casualty insurance trade associations including Peter Miller, president and CEO of The Institutes; Michael Morrissey, president and CEO of the International Insurance Society (IIS); Frank Nutter, president of the Reinsurance Association of America (RAA); Julie Rochman, president and CEO of the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS); Chuck Chamness, president and CEO of the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC); and David Sampson, president and CEO of the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI).
Those interested in attending the Joint Industry Forum can view the agenda and registration information on the event website.
THE I.I.I. IS A NONPROFIT, COMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATION SUPPORTED BY THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY.
SOURCE Insurance Information Institute