ISELIN, N.J., April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ansell, a global leader in protection solutions, is extending its leadership in the cut protection market with a suite of HyFlex gloves engineered with next-generation INTERCEPT Technology® yarns. INTERCEPT Technology cut resistance solutions are part of a portfolio of advanced technologies developed by Ansell, featuring an innovative new knitting technology which blends engineered, synthetic and natural fibers into high performance yarns. Ansell is offering eight new cut-resistant medium and light duty HyFlex INTERCEPT glove styles, which provide the exceptional comfort and dexterity required by the world's most demanding industrial workplaces. This innovative product platform addresses one of the most fundamental areas of hand protection for global safety managers and industrial workers: keeping hands safe from cut risks.
"We are excited to launch Ansell's INTERCEPT Technology which marks the industry's first comprehensive product development platform for cut protection innovation," said Scott Corriveau, president and general manager of Ansell's Industrial Global Business Unit. "Customers look to Ansell to provide quality products, and this new, unrivaled technology brings game-changing enhancements to cut protection solutions in the marketplace, while providing great value for our global customers."
Ansell INTERCEPT Technology enhances hand protection and productivity in work environments where sharp tools and materials are handled, and cut risks are ever-present. These environments include the automotive, metal fabrication and machinery equipment industries. Click to Tweet: Cut injuries cost businesses millions annually, but new INTERCEPT Technology is dramatically changing workplace safety #ansellinnovates.
"At Ansell, we believe everything starts with first understanding, and then meeting the critical needs of end-users, which revolve around performance, protection and comfort. Through the discovery and development process for INTERCEPT Technology, we learned invaluable insights and have created a portfolio of protection solutions that meet the safety needs of today's global industrial workers," said Darryl Nazareth, senior vice president of research and development for the Ansell Industrial Global Business Unit. "The INTERCEPT platform will allow us to enhance future generations of cut protection products and technologies that respond to changing workplace safety needs."
Offered in EN cut level 3, 4 and 5, and ANSI equivalent cut protection styles, the eight new medium and light duty glove styles complement an already comprehensive portfolio of Ansell cut protection options. The four new light duty styles are nitrile based and eight times more breathable than similar lightweight gloves and two and a half times more breathable than other cut protection gloves, according to tests conducted in Ansell R&D labs. New engineered fibers not only offer protection against cut risks but also provide all day comfort for increased worker compliance. The styles include the following.
In the Medium Duty segment:
- Hyflex 11-724 – Features excellent flexibility and fit with optimal cut protection, a silicone free 13 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance with INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®
- Hyflex 11-644 – Engineered with superior comfort, cool feeling and silicon free coating; it is a 13 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance and INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®
- Hyflex 11-727 – Designed with increased durability, enhanced grip and overall comfort in a 15 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance and INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®
- Hyflex 11-735 – Demonstrates great flexibility and all day comfort with a silicon-free coating; it is a 10 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 5 Performance and INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®
In the Light Duty segment:
- Hyflex 11-531 – Has exceptional grip performance in a comfortable ultralight weight cut resistance glove with all day comfort, added durability and a silicon-free coating; it is an 18 gauge palm dipped glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance; Ansell technologies include FORTIX™ Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ™ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology™
- Hyflex 11-537 – Has exceptional grip performance and three quarter dip protection in a comfortable ultralight weight cut resistant glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance; Ansell technologies include INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®, FORTIX™ Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ™ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology™
- Hyflex 11-539 – Provides exceptional grip performance and fully coated protection in a comfortable ultralight weight cut protection glove with EN Cut Level 3 Performance; Ansell technologies include INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®, FORTIX™ Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ™ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology™
- Hyflex 11-541 – Engineered with superior cut protection in a form fitting ultralight weight glove with enhanced grip performance with EN Cut Level 4 Performance optimized for all day comfort, added durability and a silicon-free coating; Ansell technologies include INTERCEPT Cut Resistance Technology®, FORTIX™ Abrasion Resistance Technology, ZONZ™ Comfort Fit Technology and ANSELL GRIP Technology™
These new HyFlex cut protection gloves also offer enhanced features such as a silicon-free coating, dirt masking colors, a more tailored comfortable fit, and improved grip and abrasion resistance. The portfolio features the industry's most comprehensive selection of application-specific styles, which are grounded in global insights about the unmet needs of workers who experience application-specific work process risks.
The continued evolution of the HyFlex product line reflects ongoing global research among safety officers, operations managers, purchasing agents and workers through the Ansell Worker Experience Innovation program. These new HyFlex cut protection gloves will be available in select markets around the world beginning in April 2015.
Ansell is a world leader in providing superior health and safety protection solutions that enhance human well-being. With operations in North America, Latin America/Caribbean, EMEA and Asia, Ansell employs 13,000 people worldwide and holds leading positions in the personal protective equipment and medical gloves market, as well as in the sexual health and well-being category worldwide. Ansell operates in four main business segments: Medical, Industrial, Single Use and Sexual Wellness.
Information on Ansell and its products can be found at www.ansell.com.
® and ™ are trademarks owned by Ansell Limited or one of its affiliates. © 2015 Ansell Limited. All Rights Reserved.