SEATTLE, Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Apex Learning, the leading provider of blended and virtual learning solutions to the nation's schools, has been approved as a provider of quality digital curriculum by leading education organizations across the country.
The independent evaluations are based on criteria ranging from alignment with state and national standards to adherence to the established body of learning research and best practices in teaching such as iNACOL's National Standards for Quality Online Courses.
The following organizations have reviewed and approved Apex Learning digital curriculum:
- The California Learning Resource Network (CLRN)
- The College Board
- The Georgia Department of Education
- Illinois Virtual School
- The Louisiana Course Choice Program
- The Maine Online Learning Program
- The Maryland State Department of Education
- Michigan Virtual University
- Missouri Online Virtual Instruction Program
- The Nevada Department of Education
- North Carolina Virtual Public School
- The Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Quality Matters
- The South Carolina State Department of Education
- South Dakota Virtual School
- The Texas Education Agency
- The University of California Office of the President (UCOP)
- The Virginia Department of Education
- The Washington State Digital Learning Department
About Apex Learning
Nearly two decades ago Apex Learning emerged as a leader in digital learning for secondary education, developing online Advanced Placement courses to provide students who would otherwise not have access the opportunity to take rigorous, college-level courses. Recognizing the challenges schools face in meeting the needs of every student—from those struggling to stay on track for graduation to those capable of accelerating their learning—the company continues to develop innovative, digital learning solutions to support teachers and provide every student with the opportunity to excel beyond his or her expectations.
Today Apex Learning offers a comprehensive catalog of rigorous, standards-based online courses that meet high school graduation requirements. Apex Learning comprehensive courses are used by schools nationwide for both initial credit and credit recovery. The company's latest digital learning solution—Tutorials—are a key component of effective blended learning, providing classroom teachers with the critical resources they need to meet the needs of all students including preparation for high stakes assessments, targeted intervention and just-in-time remediation and enhanced instruction for all students.
Apex Learning, headquartered in Seattle, is accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission and its courses are approved for National Collegiate Athletic Association eligibility. For more information, visit www.apexlearning.com or call 1.800.453.1454.
SOURCE Apex Learning