SAN FRANCISCO, June 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of data-rich business apps, today announced the general availability of PowerBuilder 2017. This release is the first new installment of the PowerBuilder development platform from Appeon. It brings PowerBuilder's highly-productive business app development capabilities to Windows 10, iOS, and Android, fits seamlessly into a continuous integration process with the new standalone compiler and uses a new cloud-based licensing model. PowerBuilder 2017 paves the way for users to benefit from many future innovations Appeon has planned, which are currently scheduled to be delivered on a yearly basis.
PowerBuilder 2017 enhances existing PowerBuilder apps and introduces a new cross-OS mobile target. Some of the most notable new features included in this release are:
- Mobile App Development – rapidly and easily deploy existing code assets (including reports) to iOS and Android, and tap into mobile device-specific functionality with Apache Cordova plugins.
- Expanded Compatibility – deploy PowerBuilder apps to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 while using SQL Server 2016, SQL Anywhere 17, in addition to many other databases and versions.
- Cloud-based Licensing – PowerBuilder licenses now follow the developer rather than being tied to a specific workstation, and it is delivered through Appeon's new cloud-based license management system.
- Built-in PDF Support – generate PDF files and report printouts from your PowerBuilder app, without having the configuration hassles and costs of a third-party PDF generation solution.
- Continuous Integration – install a free standalone compiler via scripts to your automated build machine, and automate your PowerBuilder app builds with a new simplified process for OrcaScript.
How do I get Started?
PowerBuilder 2017 is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade or new purchase. Free trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days, and a free self-guided training course is available for developers new to PowerBuilder. Customers who have pre-ordered PowerBuilder 2017 can download paid versions of the product from the Appeon Website. New customers can purchase the product directly from Appeon or local authorized resellers (in certain regions).
Appeon helps software developers to build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission critical systems. Appeon's products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich apps for Windows, iOS and Android. For more information please visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+.
© 2017 Appeon. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), email@example.com
For more information, press only:
Sally Li, Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/appeon-launches-powerbuilder-2017-with-cross-platform-mobile-development-capability-300482375.html