SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global application container market size is expected to reach USD 8.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 26.5% CAGR during the forecast period. Application containerization is used to deploy and run applications without launching separate Virtual Machines (VMs).
Key suggestions from the report:
- The on-premise deployment segment is expected to exhibit a CAGR of around 25.0% over the forecast period
- The large enterprises segment dominated the market by organization size in 2018, a trend that is expected to continue through 2025
- By platform, the Docker segment was estimated at a value of over USD 700.0 million in 2018
- On the basis of service, the monitoring and security segment is projected to account for over 30.0% of the overall market revenue by 2025, which can be credited to the containers' ability to prevent system breakdown by proactively identifying errors
- North America accounted for the largest revenue share in 2018 and is projected to remain the dominant region over the forecast period, which is primarily attributed to high degree implementation of cloud technologies by vendors in the region
- Prominent players in the application container market include Amazon Web Services, Inc.; Cisco Systems, Inc.; Google, Inc.; International Business Machines Corporation (IBM); and Red Hat, Inc.
Read 167 page research report with TOC on "Application Container Market Analysis Report By Deployment, By Platform (Kubernetes, Docker), By Organization Size (SMEs, Large Enterprise), By Service, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/application-container-market
VMs and containers have similar resource allocation and isolation advantages; however, containers help virtualize the Operating System (OS) in place of hardware. These solutions are more portable and efficient as compared to VMs owing to the requirement of fewer operating systems and minimum space.
The application container market has also been gaining prominence as a result of increasing adoption of containerization technology, particularly in retail, healthcare, banking and finance, and telecommunication sectors. The banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) sector is one of the early adopters of this technology, which offers benefits such as administration ease and cost-effectiveness.
The Docker datacenter is implemented in the banking sector as it provides benefits such as platform portability, higher security and smooth workflow of data, and efficient usage of infrastructure. The BFSI sector has adopted the Docker platform due to the challenging environment of digital disruption, wherein the use of application containers enables improvements in software delivery capabilities.
Grand View Research has segmented the global application container market on the basis of deployment, organization size, platform, application, service, and region:
- Application Container Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Application Container Organization Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Large Enterprises
- Application Container Platform Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Application Container Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Healthcare & Life Science
- Telecommunication & IT
- Retail & E-commerce
- Media & Entertainment
- Application Container Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Monitoring & Security
- Data Management & Orchestration
- Support & Maintenance
- Other Consulting Services
- Application Container Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Wearable Technology Market - The global wearable technology market size was valued at over USD 18 billion in 2014, owing to rapid adoption worldwide
- Commercial UAV Market - The global commercial UAV market size was valued at over USD 500 million in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 17% over the forecast period.
- UAV Payload Market - The global UAV payload market size was valued at USD 4.34 billion in 2014 and is poised for high growth over the forecast period owing to the dynamic applicability of drones in several sectors.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc