TOKYO, June 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Hakuho Foundation, a public interest incorporated foundation based in Tokyo, Japan, began accepting applications for the 11th Hakuho Japanese Research Fellowship on June 10.
With the goals of further strengthening the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening understanding of Japan through researchers' activities, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship invites leading international researchers of the Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature and Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research.
- Eligible research
- Japanese language and Japanese language education research
- Japanese literature and Japanese culture research
- Eligible researchers
Researchers working in the fields of Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture who reside outside Japan and meet all of the criteria below
- Affiliated with a higher education or research institution (including postdoctoral scholars and adjunct professors), or have equivalent research and educational background
- Have sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research and interact in Japanese
- Non-Japanese national residing outside Japan or Japanese national who has resided outside Japan for 10 years or more and been active in the academic community, etc. of their country of residence
- Able to stay in Japan continuously for the duration of the Fellowship period
- Receiving organizations
Invited Fellows will conduct their research with the cooperation (facilities, research rooms, advisor) of one of the following receiving organizations:
International Research Center for Japanese Studies
National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics
Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- Fellowship content
- Airfares: Return economy class air tickets
- Relocation allowance: 350,000 yen
- Living and research expenses: 350,000 yen per month
- Housing subsidy: Up to 150,000 yen per month
- International travelers' illness and injury insurance
In addition, Hakuho Foundation will pay the receiving organization a hosting cooperation fee for use of facilities, etc. by the Fellow.
- Fellowship period
Long-term (1 year): September 1, 2016-August 31, 2017
Short-term (6 months): September 1, 2016-February 28, 2017 (Round 1), or
March 1-August 31, 2017 (Round 2)
- Application period: June 10-October 30, 2015
- Notification of results: Early March 2016 (tentative)
- Application Guide (download from the following website)
14 researchers from 11 countries have been invited to participate in the 10th Fellowship.
About Hakuho Foundation
Established as an incorporated foundation in 1970, Hakuho Foundation was recognized and commenced operating as a public interest incorporated foundation in April 2011.
To nurture rich human qualities in children, tomorrow's leaders, Hakuho Foundation supports child education, particularly in the areas of language and culture, through such initiatives as the Hakuho Award for outstanding child educators, the Hakuho Research Grant for Child Education, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship and the Hakuho Scheme for a Global Children's Japanese Language Network.
Hakuho Foundation website: http://www.hakuhodo.co.jp/foundation/english/index.html
Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship Secretariat
Email: [email protected]
c/o e-side, Inc., B1 Fl., Shiba-Daimon MF Bldg., 2-1-16 Shiba-Daimon,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0012, Japan
SOURCE Hakuho Foundation