SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Applitools (https://applitools.com/), the leader in Application Visual Management, today announced a major new release of its innovative Automated Visual AI Testing Platform. Version 10 of Applitools Eyes provides enterprise customers with new UI baseline management, team collaboration, expanded third-party tool integrations and improved analytics dashboards. Launched in 2015 to complement automated testing and Application Development Management, and focusing on the user interface, Applitools uses sophisticated algorithms that imitate the human eye and brain with 99.999 percent accuracy. It helps test automation engineers, DevOps teams, developers, manual testers and business executives ensure a visually perfect user experience on every single browser and device.
Applitools' Automated Visual AI Testing Platform v10 is available now. For more information or to open a free account, visit: (https://goo.gl/uiUuCT).
In addition, Applitools also announced today a new category framework – Application Visual Management (AVM) – that encompasses a growing class of commercial and open source tools that now monitor, test and ensure the visual integrity of end-user visual interface. This AVM framework helps manage the UI during software pre-production, release and continuously in production environments where browsers, operating systems, microservices and dynamic content have created enormous complexity. Click here to learn more.
"Our vision at Applitools is to support an emerging and critical form of software testing and monitoring that uses automated Visual AI technology to create a visually perfect customer experience on every device, 24/7," said Gil Sever, CEO of Applitools. "To better protect a brand's integrity in the era of digital transformation, this new release of Applitools Eyes will help large enterprise customers scale Application Visual Management practices across DevOps, CI and CD monitoring; front-end development and digital brand management for business leaders and designers."
"Automated Visual AI Testing ensures USA Today readers across over 200 publications and digital brands enjoy an exceptional UI experience," comments Greg Sypolt, director of quality engineering from Gannett | USA Today. "In the era of dynamic content and digital transformation, Applitools is vital to providing the automated test coverage we need to protect our brand's UI."
How Applitools Supports Application Visual Management
With thousands of possible iterations of a company's digital brand in the marketplace, technology is vital to significantly reduce User Experience (UX) bugs that negatively impact customers. Application Visual Management technology helps complete the test automation chain to catch bugs in the User Interface (UI) before they can impact customer churn, a company's revenue, or a company's brand image.
Launched in 2015 and used by more than 300 enterprises, including some of the largest in the world, Applitools Eyes saves up to 80 percent of testing time, and improves the visual testing coverage by a factor of five – running across different browsers, form-factors, devices and localization layers. Version 10 is a major step forward in addressing enterprise-grade scale, and new capabilities include:
- Improvements to the Visual AI Core – Applitools continues to advance its Visual AI technology with Version 10, providing a 99.999 percent accuracy rate based on its fast-growing and industry-leading data sets of automated visual AI tests. The company has executed nearly 100 million visual tests to date on its visual AI engine, analyzing billions of individual UX elements. Version 10 includes significant improvements to its Layout Algorithm for dynamic content use cases.
- New UI Analytics Dashboards – New Applitools Eyes analytics dashboards allow individual engineers, team leaders and business stakeholders to review analytics that surface root-cause visual test failures relevant to a specific environment. Users can review visual test execution status and baseline status updates, bugs squashed and coverage levels specific to individual tasks and test assignments. The new drill down capability also provides a more detailed analysis into a single test or single user view.
- Advancements in UI Baseline Management – Test automation engineers can now complete the test automation lifecycle with a visual component spanning hundreds of application UI baselines, for the entire R&D team across any branch, simultaneously. New capabilities in Version 10 enable automated baseline updates for similar changes, and can ticket the UI bug or update the baseline with a single "accept" or "reject" command followed by a JIRA ticket. Testers also can see an aggregated view of all "similar" UI bugs, prioritized by frequency of occurrence, which can save dozens of hours per application release for a single user, and hundreds of hours during the pre-release phase for large teams.
- Team Collaboration and Ecosystem Integrations – Applitools Eyes now includes new collaboration features to help connect cross-functional teams and provide unified visibility of Visual Testing results based on existing CI, rendering services, bug tracking and collaboration tools – as well as most Appium or Selenium test languages. New validation regions for test-step viewers allows users to provide context on potential UI issues to shorten release time. Major new integrations with MicroFocus and Slack (available in March) further support enterprise collaboration by seamlessly integrating with nearly every testing, development and delivery tool in the market today.
- Faster and Smarter Visual Test Management – With a 3X improvement to test execution time (individual tests now run in seconds, not minutes), Version 10 of Applitools Eyes is faster than ever. In addition, a new SDK is available for PDF forms, allowing customers that use these formats in highly regulated industries, such as financial services and healthcare, to leverage automated visual testing on PDF forms to check for compliance. XCTest Screenshots have also been added to extend visual test coverage to this screenshot type.
"The software delivery process is becoming highly automated, and automated testing plays a huge role in terms of quality, performance and customer experience. It's great to see new innovation targeted at the visual aspects of application management," said Joe Colantonio, founder of TestTalks and Guild Conferences.
Applitools is on a mission to help test automation, DevOps and development teams release and monitor flawless mobile, web and native apps in a fully automated way that enables Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI-CD). Founded in 2013, Applitools uses sophisticated AI-powered image processing technology to ensure that an application appears correctly and functions properly on all mobile devices, browsers, operating systems and screen sizes. Applitools has more than 300 customers from a range of verticals, including Fortune-100 companies in software, banking, online retail, insurance, pharmaceuticals, and more. Applitools is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with an R&D center in Tel Aviv, Israel. For more information, please visit applitools.com.
303-581-7760, ext. 16
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/applitools-unveils-industrys-first-automated-visual-ai-testing-platform-for-large-enterprises-300597935.html