CLIFTON PARK, N.Y., Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Apprenda, the leader in enterprise platform-as-a-service (PaaS), today announced record momentum in 2013, including 225 percent year-over-year growth. JPMorgan Chase and McKesson, among others, selected Apprenda to increase business agility and realize new streams of revenue. Now, 13 of the world's top 20 financial institutions and two of the largest healthcare organizations in the world are using Apprenda.
"Apprenda saw tremendous growth in 2013, which has been validated by our hard work and our industry-leading technology," said Sinclair Schuller, CEO, Apprenda. "The PaaS market is anticipated to grow to $3 billion in the coming years, and we are well-positioned to lead the market and help leading enterprises achieve faster application development, reduced costs and the ability to turn software into a revenue-generating business."
- Apprenda enjoyed 225 percent year-over-year growth, and the company's headcount grew by 58 percent;
- Thirteen out of the top 20 banks in the world, including JPMorgan Chase, are currently working with Apprenda. JP Morgan Chase has the largest enterprise PaaS deployment in the world with more than 3,000 apps running on the platform;
- Leading healthcare organizations including AmerisourceBergen, McKesson and Memorial Sloan-Kettering are using Apprenda to create new efficiencies and revenue streams;
- Gartner recognized Apprenda as the clear market leader in .NET cloud platforms;
- The company received $16 million in Series C funding, bringing the total amount of funding raised to $32 million;
- Forbes identified Apprenda as "the anti-Silicon Valley startup";
- Apprenda was named as one of the "20 Coolest Cloud Platform Vendors of the Cloud 100" by CRN; and
- The Albany Business Review named Apprenda co-founders Sinclair Schuller and Abe Sultan in the publication's "40 Under 40" list.
Apprenda PaaS Modernize Healthcare IT
Leading healthcare organizations AmerisourceBergen, McKesson and Memorial Sloan-Kettering are using Apprenda, paving the way for large Fortune 100 healthcare companies and hospitals to be at the forefront of software development. McKesson is using PaaS to transform its IT department into a hybrid-friendly, flexible environment, allowing them to build applications faster and more efficiently.
"We're excited and impressed with Apprenda's Java and Linux capabilities," Matias Klein, VP, Intelligence Hub, McKesson. "We considered other private PaaS vendors, but ultimately invested in Apprenda because of its viability as an enterprise PaaS."
The World's Largest Banks Use Apprenda PaaS
JPMorgan Chase, one of the largest banks in the world, has set an industry standard for savings and competitive advantages through Apprenda's enterprise PaaS. The bank selected Apprenda to migrate its .NET and Java application portfolio and future strategy into the cloud. By adopting PaaS, JPMorgan Chase has seen an application time-to-market improvement of 59 days, a 700 percent increase in developer productivity and a 300 percent increase in infrastructure utilization. As a result, JPMorgan Chase now runs more than 3,000 mission critical applications on Apprenda, making it the largest enterprise PaaS deployment in the world.
Apprenda is the leading enterprise Platform as a Service (PaaS) powering the next generation of enterprise software development in public, private and hybrid clouds. As a foundational software layer and application run-time environment, Apprenda abstracts away the complexities of building and delivering modern software applications, enabling enterprises to turn ideas into innovations faster. With Apprenda, enterprises can securely deliver an entire ecosystem of data, services, applications and APIs to both internal and external customers across any infrastructure. From the world's largest banks like JPMorgan Chase to healthcare organizations including AmerisourceBergen, Apprenda's clients are part of a new class of software-defined enterprises, disrupting industries and winning with software. For more information, visit Apprenda at www.apprenda.com.