NATIONAL HARBOR, Md., June 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit...Area 1 Security, the leader in stopping phishing attacks preemptively, is offering an industry-first 'No Phish Guarantee'TM to protect customers from phish-related breaches backed by major new anti-phishing innovations within its flagship SaaS solution, Area 1 HorizonTM. Area 1 Security will demonstrate Horizon's capabilities live at the Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit (booth #438).
Phishing remains the root cause of 95 percent of breaches and is the primary reason for financial losses, data exfiltration and brand damage to organizations large and small. Current solutions are unable to effectively stop these attacks, since phishing spans multiple vectors and digitally connected entities, requiring advanced detection and enforcement that reaches out to every place you can be phished.
"Increasing volume and sophistication of phishing attacks are resulting in real financial damage to organizations in both downtime (such as 'ransomware' attacks) and direct financial fraud (such as wire transfers). CISOs should develop a comprehensive program of phishing prevention and detection to protect internal infrastructure, financial transactions and sensitive data," according to Neil Wynne, Andrew Walls and Peter Firstbrook, Gartner. *
"Once phishing attacks appear on user devices, as history has shown, nearly 1 in 10 users take the bait, and take the bait quickly," said Michael Suby, Stratecast vice-president of research at Frost & Sullivan. "The ultimate in phishing mitigation is to block all phishing attacks from ever reaching users' device screens. In essence, remove users from the role of defending against phishing attacks." **
Industry's First 'No Phish Guarantee'
The security industry has had limited accountability for its solutions. Area 1 Security's 'No Phish Guarantee' provides CEOs, CIOs and CISOs the assurance that they are no longer fighting this battle alone. Existing solutions are reactive and tentative--unable to truly prevent hacks, to be held accountable or offer real value measured in business terms. Area 1 Security's unique service stops phishing comprehensively and preemptively, with the confidence to offer customers total protection.
The 'No Phish Guarantee' allows customers who have bought and deployed Area 1 Security's service suite to claim the value of breach damages caused due to missed phish. Customers can rest assured they have the industry's best anti-phishing solution protecting their organization and users, all backed by measurable accountability for their cybersecurity investment.
"Phishing is increasingly a business problem, not just a technical one, and solutions need to focus on quantifiable business metrics that are tied to specific outcomes. The 'No Phish Guarantee' does precisely that," said Oren Falkowitz, CEO and co-founder, Area 1 Security.
Phish Disabled in Earliest Stages—Before They Breach and Damage the Business
Area 1 Horizon finds and disrupts phishing attacks, the leading cause of breaches, while the attacks are still under construction at their own origins. As the root cause of breaches, phishing opens the door to ransomware, business email compromise (BEC), whaling, malware, spoofing and other threats, each with their own disastrous outcomes. Area 1 Security developed Horizon as a new approach to the growing volume, severity and cost of these attacks. With globally distributed ActiveSensorsTM, massive-scale web crawling, and comprehensive pre-attack analytics, Area 1 Horizon identifies phishing campaigns, attacker infrastructure and attack delivery mechanisms during the earliest stages of a phishing attack cycle.
Expanded Capabilities Identify Campaigns Earlier and Stops Phish Across All Vectors
- Enhanced Detections:
- Dynamic web crawling, user impersonation and in-the-wild sandboxing enable Area 1 Security to index campaigns across the entire web, while they are being staged prior to launch. The system uses a series of high speed crawlers that dynamically adjust their crawling frontiers, mimicking end user browsing behavior and performance. In-the-wild content deconstruction and detonation allow for the earliest discovery of active or in-process campaign infrastructure.
- Computer vision based detections discover pixel-perfect phishing campaigns with high fidelity. Utilizing a combination of advanced vector mapping, natural language processing, and unsupervised machine learning models, Area 1 Security's web crawlers automatically determine if a given web page is masquerading as a trusted brand. The system identifies visual markers on the page and makes a real-time assessment that distinguishes a genuine page from a pixel-perfect imitation to steal credentials.
- Multi-vector protection:
Phishing isn't just limited to emails. Sophisticated threat actors leverage every possible entry point to an organization, including email messages, web links and network based communications. To truly stop a campaign, an organization needs to consider a comprehensive approach that spans all entry points of a given campaign. New capabilities announced today enable Area 1 Horizon to proactively detect and stop phishing attacks through each of these vectors—email, web and network.
- Phish-focused email defense, implemented through a high speed Cloud MTA, provides the industry's leading phish catch rate compared to legacy secure email gateways. Extensive visibility of phishing infrastructure and campaigns, along with deep message context and analysis, allow Area 1 Security's verdict engines to uncover small pattern, targeted phish. These include the unique BEC, name spoofing or ransomware attacks that are focused on a small set of individuals and are typically missed by email defenses that rely on volume-based detection patterns.
Area 1 Security offers advanced targeted phish protection for a comprehensive approach to messaging security in any environment. In addition to providing a layered defense within existing messaging environments, the solution transparently supplements cloud-inbox services, such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite.
- Web-based phish protection utilizes a highly scalable, globally-distributed recursive DNS service to ensure legitimacy of web links, protecting users from web-based phishing attacks via malicious droppers, socially engineered sites, malvertising links, compromised websites, credential harvesting and other web-based phishing threats. In an increasingly mobile world, offering a distributed DNS service allows customers to extend phishing protection to their roaming and mobile users, regardless of what network they're on.
- Network-based phishing defense ensures that backscatter and explicit communications between a targeted endpoint and a phishing C2 is detected and prevented at the network edge. Utilizing pre-built automated integrations, customers can leverage their existing network security gateways, such as firewalls and IPS to reinforce their network edge and lock it down against low volume, high risk multi-stage phishing campaigns.
"These major enhancements take phishing defense to a whole new level, offering a robust, comprehensive and proactive defense across the three vectors that attackers have exploited again and again. We can protect companies that rely on a secure Internet to do business," said Vivek Bhandari, director of product management, Area 1 Security.
Pricing and Availability
- Area 1 Horizon is generally available and is already successfully used by many enterprises, large and small. The SaaS product is a cloud delivered service that does not require any on-premises installation. It is available as a subscription service with annual or three-year options.
- The No-Phish Guarantee is available to Area 1 Horizon customers starting July 2017.
For more information, please visit https://area1security.com/.
About Area 1 Security
Area 1 Security is the first company to offer a 'No Phish Guarantee'TM to protect customers from phish-related breaches by preemptively eliminating attacks across email, network and web vectors before they cause damage to businesses. Cloud-based Area 1 Security detects, analyzes and disables targeted phishing in its earliest stages with an advanced ActiveSensor™ network and sparse pattern analytics. Area 1 Security is recognized as the #5 best place to work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times. Join the conversation at @area1security or follow the blog for the latest industry news and insights.
for Area 1 Security
for Area 1 Security
*source: Fighting Phishing: Optimize Your Defense, Gartner report ID: G00300446
** source: FROST & SULLIVAN REPORT You've Been Phished, Again!
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/area-1-security-announces-industrys-first-no-phish-guarantee-backed-by-area-1-horizon-new-capabilities-300472778.html
SOURCE Area 1 Security