HORSHAM, Pa., Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Sweet, savory and spicy: these flavor profiles were served up with a twist for the third annual "America's Better Sandwich™" Contest, which tallied more than 2,900 entries from sandwich connoisseurs across the country. Today, Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Bread unveiled the Top 15 finalists and the unique, delicious sandwich recipes that have made the cut to the next round. Now, it's time for America to help decide who will take home the grand prize dough of $25,000 and the title of creating "America's Better Sandwich™."
From September 26 until October 23, sandwich lovers can cast their ballots for the recipe they think is better than the rest at www.americasbettersandwich.com. For every vote, Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® will also donate a loaf of bread, up to 100,000 loaves, to Feeding America, the contest's official charitable partner.
The Top 15 finalists for the "America's Better Sandwich™" Contest are:
- Jane M. (Houston, Texas): "Tex-Mex Fajita Chicken Salad Sandwich"
- Naylet L. (Miami, Fla.): "Better Black Bean Miami Cubano"
- Priscilla Y. (Concord, Calif.): "Golden Gate Shrimp Louie Sandwich"
- Chris D. (San Francisco, Calif.): "Walnut Kale Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich"
- Mary H. (Prescott, Ariz.): "Spiced Caribbean Chicken Sandwich"
- Gail D. (Medina, Ohio): "Summer Rainbow Sandwich"
- Crystal S. (Northglenn, Colo.): "Moroccan Rainbow Carrot Sandwiches with Spicy Orange Dressing"
- Lacey M. (Glendale, Wisc.): "Smoked Salmon and Avocado Toast"
- Maureen S. (Deptford, N.J.): "Open-Faced Kickin' Crab Salad"
Breakfast in Bread
- Christina B. (Houston, Texas): "Escape to Costa Rica Breakfast Sandwich"
- Barbara E. (Appleton, Wisc.): "Over Easy Egg Sandwich with Radish Yogurt"
- Jill G. (Philadelphia, Pa.): "Lox Your Sox Off"
- Kim V. (Caldwell, N.J.): "Cherry Almond Chicken Salad"
- Lidia H. (Pasadena, Calif.): "Indian-Spiced Egg Salad Sandwich"
- Debbie R. (Clearwater, Fla.): "Tropical Chicken Salad Sandwiches"
In addition to consumer votes, Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Bread have enlisted the help of nationally recognized dietitians — Patricia Bannan, MS, RD; Katie Cavuto, MS, RD; Keri Gans, MS, RDN, CDN and Victoria Shanta Retelny, RDN — and former White House Chef John Moeller as judges. The panel of experts will evaluate each finalist's recipe against its nutritional analysis, creative flavor profile and ease of prep.
"This year, the 'America's Better Sandwich™' Contest received more submissions than ever before, and our fans especially enjoyed our new 'State Favorites' category that called for creative, nutritious twists on the classic state foods they grew up with," said Brian DiNuzzo, Assistant Brand Manager at Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Bread. "There are numerous creative recipes featuring our whole grain-packaged bread, and the Top 15 finalists represent the best three of each category. Choosing the top sandwich is not going to be an easy decision, and we invite America to make its collective voice heard!"
The sandwich recipe with the highest score in each category will receive a $5,000 cash prize, and the recipe with the highest overall score will be awarded a $25,000 grand prize. The final winner will be announced on "National Sandwich Day," November 3.
For official rules, donation program terms and to vote for your favorite recipe(s) in the Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Bread "America's Better Sandwich™" Contest, visit www.americasbettersandwich.com.
About Bimbo Bakeries USA
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 23,000 U.S. associates operates more than 60 manufacturing locations in the United States. Our distribution routes deliver our leading brands such as Arnold®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry® Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Heiner's™, Marinela®, Mrs Baird's®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, and Tia Rosa®.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arnold-brownberry-and-oroweat-bread-serve-up-the-top-15-finalists-in-the-race-to-pick-the-2016-americas-better-sandwich-winner-300334677.html
SOURCE Bimbo Bakeries USA