SAN FRANCISCO and CHICAGO, Nov. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Arterys, a pioneer in cloud-based medical imaging software, will showcase its recently 510(k)-cleared, award-winning Arterys Software platform at the upcoming Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2016 meeting at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois, on November 27 through December 2, 2016. Arterys will also present new data on cardiac clinical applications using the Arterys 4D Flow software during the RSNA poster sessions.
Arterys 4D Flow Showcased at GE Healthcare Booth
Earlier this month, Arterys received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Arterys Software, paving the way for use in clinical settings for the quantification of cardiac flow, which includes 4D Flow and 2D Phase Contrast workflows, and cardiac function measurements. Arterys plans on launching the product in the U.S. through a partnership with GE Healthcare's ViosWorks product.
Arterys representatives will be on hand at the GE Healthcare booth to help demonstrate how the product integrates with ViosWorks to provide comprehensive visualization and quantification of the cardiac anatomy, function, and flow. Powered by the Arterys software, ViosWorks will be the first clinically available cardiovascular solution that delivers cloud-based, real-time processing of images with resolutions previously unattainable. Visit the GE Healthcare booth (#4137) in South – Hall A. For more information, visit www.Arterys.com.
"Meet the Experts" -- Arterys 4D Flow Software Demonstrations
Arterys will host three expert sessions in the Quantitative Imaging Reading Room to provide 4D Flow MRI software demonstrations on applications of Cardiac Flow 4D MRI, and Cardiac Volumetry and Function features. Arterys medical experts will also discuss how deep learning can be applied to automate measurements and provide accurate and consistent cardiac flow and function.
- Monday, November 28: 12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m. CT, hosted by Albert Hsiao, MD, PhD, Co-founder, Arterys
- Tuesday, November 29: 12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m. CT, hosted by Albert Hsiao, MD, PhD, Co-founder, Arterys
- Wednesday, November 30: 12:15 p.m.-1:15p.m. CT, hosted by John Axerio-Cilies, PhD, CTO, Arterys
- Location: Learning Center, Hall D located on Level 3 of the Lakeside Building
Select Arterys 4D Flow Presentations
- "Validation of CMR 4D Flow against Cardiac CT for Left Ventricular Function Quantification" -- (Presented by: Raluca G. Saru, MD, Adriaan Coenen, MD, Gabriel P. Krestin, MD, PhD, Albert Hsiao, MD, PhD, Shreyas S. Vasanawala, MD, PhD and Koen Nieman, MD, PhD) -- SSA03-09: Sunday, November 27, 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. CT
- "Quantification of Mitral and Tricuspid Regurgitation with Cardiac 4D Flow MRI" -- (Presented by: Jennifer F. Feneis, MD, Kimberly Atianzar, MD, Marcus T. Alley, PhD, Shreyas S. Vasanawala, MD, PhD, Anthony DeMaria, MD and Albert Hsiao, MD, PhD) -- SSE04-02: Monday, November 28, 3:00-4:00 p.m. CT
- "Assessment of the Reliability of Ventricular Function and Flow Evaluation for Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot with 4D Flow MRI" -- (Presented by: Qiong Yao, MD, Michael A. Kadoch, MD, Floris-Jan S. Ridderbos, BSC, Shreyas S. Vasanawala, MD, PhD and Frandics P. Chan, MD, PhD) -- RC313-10: Tuesday, November 29, 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. CT
- "Visualization and Quantification of Shunt Fraction with 4D Flow MRI in Patients with Atrial Septal Defects - A Multicenter Pilot Study" -- (Presented by: Raluca G. Saru, MD, Shreyas S. Vasanawala, MD, PhD, Adriaan Coenen, MD, Gabriel P. Krestin, MD, PhD, Koen Nieman, MD, PhD and Albert Hsiao, MD, PhD) -- SSK03-04: Wednesday, November 30, 10:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. CT
- "Left Ventricle Function Quantified with CMR 4D Flow" -- (Presented by: Raluca G. Saru, MD, Piotr A. Wielopolski, PhD, Gabriel P. Krestin, MD, PhD, Albert Hsiao, MD, PhD, Shreyas S. Vasanawala, MD, PhD and Koen Nieman, MD, PhD) -- SSK03-04: Wednesday, November 30, 10:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.CT
Arterys to Receive 2016 Minnies Awards
Last month, Arterys was awarded "Best New Radiology Vendor" and "Best New Software" in the 2016 Minnies Awards. Representatives from Aunt Minnie will present the award to Arterys on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. CT.
Arterys Spokespersons and 4D Flow Medical Experts
The following spokespersons and medical experts are available for media interviews to discuss the Arterys Software platform and provide insights on how the platform has the potential to transform clinical practice through powerful, quantitative imaging tools that rapidly generate and analyze unprecedented amounts of data to deliver actionable insights to support treatment decisions and patient care.
- Fabien Beckers, CEO, Arterys
- John Axerio-Cilies, CTO, Arterys
- Dr. Shreyas Vasanawala, Co-founder, Arterys and Associate Professor of Radiology, Stanford Medicine
- Dr. Albert Hsiao, Co-founder, Arterys, and Assistant Professor of Radiology, Associate Director of Cardiovascular Diseases for the Center for Translational Imaging and Personalized Medicine (CTIPM), UC San Diego School of Medicine
Fabien Beckers, CEO, Arterys:
"This year, RSNA is focusing a lot of attention on breakthrough technological developments that are moving medical imaging into a new era where it's possible to analyze data to help diagnose conditions much quicker, align various stakeholders in the health ecosystem, and mobilize on personalized treatment paths. We believe the Arterys platform will transform clinical practice through powerful, quantitative imaging tools that rapidly generate and analyze unprecedented amounts of data and insights that can support treatment decisions and the delivery of patient care."
About 4D Flow
The cardiac 4D Flow technique refers to phase-contrast Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (CMR) velocity-encoded in all three spatial directions, and resolved relative to all three dimensions of space and time along the cardiac cycle (3D + time). This advanced technology allows physicians to measure and visualize blood patterns within the acquired 3D volume. Unlike conventional MRI, where multiple scans are taken while the patient holds their breath, the 4D Flow sequence provides faster scans and simplified processes.
About Arterys, Inc.
Arterys, a pioneer in cloud-based medical imaging software, is committed to transforming clinical practice through powerful, quantitative imaging tools that rapidly capture and analyze unprecedented amounts of data to deliver actionable insights that can support the treatment decisions and delivery of patient care. The company's medical imaging analytics platform leverages the power of cloud computation and advanced analytics to support diagnostic and therapeutic decisions.
The company is exploring deep learning applications to further its analytical capabilities. Arterys now plans to leverage its platform to create other imaging applications to make imaging more quantitative, practical and useful.
To schedule a priority demonstration and/or meeting with Arterys at the upcoming RSNA 2016 meeting, please contact: