16 Jul, 2020, 09:00 ET
FLORHAM PARK, N.J., July 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- For medium voltage load testing, multiple load banks and external transformers are often needed to apply sufficient load for generator testing. To simplify testing in large medium voltage applications, ASCO Power Technologies, Inc., introduces its 8850 Containerized Load Bank. Offering 4500 kVA in a single 30-foot transportable container, the unit is designed to be moved from site-to-site and reduce transformer cabling logistics.
The 8850 Containerized Load Bank is well-suited for testing power sources at large hospitals and large data centers:
- Capacity to 4500kVA, 16.5 kV at 0.8 power factor reduces need for multiple load banks
- Thirty-foot container encloses more load elements than smaller containerized models
- ISO-compliant container simplifies transport and relocation
- Medium voltage operation reduces or eliminates space-consuming external transformers
- Separate control rooms segregate low and medium voltage operation
- Modbus over Ethernet simplifies integration into common Building Management Systems
- Integrated, sealed, oil-cooled transformer with Schneider Ringmaster switch board offers high-reliability for the toughest conditions
- Centralized transformer optimizes weight distribution and eases transport and handling
- Resistive load elements use ASCO's proven, non-finned, sheathed, design for long service life
- ASCO SIGMA controls supervise low voltage functions
- Integrated ASCO SIGMA Instrument System monitors medium voltage components
- Optional sound attenuation reduces noise
- Integrated Schneider Magelis HMI touchscreen provides local control and diagnostic insights
"The new 30-foot 8850 Containerized Load Bank provides capabilities for any testing requirement, and is especially suited for high-capacity, high-voltage applications," said Jonathan Clarke, Sales & Marketing Director, ASCO Load Bank UK. "It is a self-contained, easy-to-install, all-in-one design that makes multiple units unnecessary, decreasing costs and reducing floor space requirements."
ASCO products are backed by technology, support, and service that are unmatched in the industry. Click the following links to view the ASCO 8850 webpage and data sheet. Contact an ASCO representative to learn more.
About ASCO Power Technologies
ASCO Power Technologies has provided power reliability solutions for more than 125 years. The firm designs, manufactures, services, and supports automatic transfer switches, power control equipment, and load banks. ASCO products serve mission-critical functions in data centers, healthcare facilities, telecommunication networks, commercial buildings, and industrial operations. To learn more about any of ASCO's premium products and services, call (800) 800 ASCO (2726), email [email protected], or visit www.ascopower.com.
SOURCE ASCO Power Technologies
Share this article