WASHINGTON, March 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Americans are largely optimistic about national alignment (79%) and economic performance (62%) according to the findings of a survey conducted by A.T. Kearney and The NPD Group.
The America@250 survey analyzes the responses of 2,590 Americans across a wide demographic profile about their attitudes towards issues that will shape America in 2026. A.T. Kearney and The NPD Group examined the responses as they relate to both national economic issues and broad social and political cohesion.
The study indicates that more than half of Americans foresee a vibrant America@250 marked by economic prosperity and a strong sense of shared purpose. This overall bullish view is further illuminated by these findings:
- Americans overwhelmingly (89%) think the country should provide global leadership
- The vast majority (85%) believe technological progress will boost productivity and growth
- 61% say the Millennials will be a positive force for the future, including almost two-thirds of Millennials themselves
Significantly, Americans also say they are ready to invest in the nation's future:
- 93% say we need to invest more in education and infrastructure
- 83% support a dual energy policy of renewables and oil & gas
- Over two-thirds (70%) say they are willing to compromise and sacrifice to make life better for future generations
"Americans are hopeful about the United States' future prospects as they emerge from a period of severe economic dislocation," said Paul A. Laudicina, Chairman of A.T. Kearney's Global Business Policy Council. "Challenges lay ahead, but they can be met if government, business leaders and citizens partner to lead the nation to a positive and prosperous future."
Of course, not all Americans share in this bullish outlook. Even those who do seem to recognize that America's path forward is rife with challenges and risks:
- A majority of respondents (61%) say that continued immigration into the country jeopardizes the future
- Only 48% of Americans are confident that U.S. businesses will be more competitive in the future
Laudicina added, "Overall, the data clearly shows that Americans have faith in their country. They are ready to invest themselves in America's future. The real question is whether Americans will have the leaders they deserve to realize that future."
The full report findings are available at www.atkearney.com/america250.
About A.T. Kearney
A.T. Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm with offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, we have been trusted advisors to the world's foremost organizations. A.T. Kearney is a partner-owned firm, committed to helping clients achieve immediate impact and growing advantage on their most mission-critical issues. For more information, visit www.atkearney.com.
Contact: Konajilo Luseni Barrasso
+1 212 705 1026
SOURCE A.T. Kearney