LOS ANGELES, Dec. 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Atari, one of the world's most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, and Cryptic Studios, creators of the acclaimed City of Heroes and Champions Online, today announced the availability of Season Three: Genesis, the latest content update for the Star Trek™ Online universe. Additionally, Intel, Alienware, Cryptic and Atari are sponsoring Design the Next Enterprise, a special contest where one winner will add an unforgettable entry to Star Trek's iconic Starfleet.
Season Three: Genesis is Cryptic Studios' latest major content update to Star Trek Online. This new update features a host of upgrades, progressive changes and new features to the game. Key features include:
- The Foundry Beta (v 0.3) – Cryptic's player-created content system is now in public beta. The Foundry gives players the chance to design their own missions in Star Trek Online. Players may share creations with friends, and Cryptic's proprietary content rating system ensures only the best missions are promoted.
- Episode Replay – In Genesis, every previously enjoyed mission may now be replayed. Some even feature brand new rewards.
- Borg Technology In Ships – Integrate Borg technology into existing starships! New Borg loot from Special Task Force missions greatly augment a ship's usefulness as well as its appearance.
- New Sector Space – Cryptic has revamped Sector Space to give it a more realistic look and feel!
In addition to Season Three: Genesis, Cryptic and Atari are working with Intel to host a "Design the Next Enterprise" contest, turning over design of a future version of the Galaxy's most famous starship to fans of Star Trek. Entrants can currently visit the Design Hangar and submit their version of a future Enterprise online. The best design will be selected and converted into a playable ship within Star Trek Online.
The grand prize package includes:
- An Alienware M11x Laptop with custom Star Trek Online paintjob.
- Collector's Edition copy of Star Trek Online.
- A Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online.
- A 3-D model of the winning ship.
- Inclusion of the winning ship in Star Trek Online.
Runners-up will receive prizes. The Design the Next Enterprise contest ends January 15, 2011.
For eligibility and official rules, or to learn more about the Design the Next Enterprise contest and to submit your own starship, please visit: http://www.startrekonline.com/Enterprise
Taking place in the year 2409, Star Trek Online boasts extraordinary features and lets fans both new and old experience unparalleled adventures. Players have the opportunity to become high-ranking Starfleet officers and participate in missions that take them into the depths of space, across exotic planets and inside other starships. Star Trek Online offers total customization, from a player's avatar to the ship he captains.
About ATARI, SA
Atari group is a global creator, producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Atari's brands and content are available across all key traditional and digital distribution touch points, including browser-based and social online platforms, PC, consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, and advanced smart phones (i.e. iPhone, Android and RIM devices).
Divisions of Atari, SA include Cryptic Studios, Eden Studios, Atari Interactive, Inc. and Atari, Inc. Atari benefits from the strength of its worldwide brand and its extensive catalogue of contemporary classic game franchises (Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Lunar Lander®), original owned franchises (Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Deer Hunter®), MMO games from Cryptic Studios (Star Trek™ Online, Champions™) and third party franchises (Ghostbusters®, Rollercoaster Tycoon®, Dungeons and Dragons®). Atari also leverages the power of its franchises to deliver movies and merchandise to consumers around the world.
For more information please visit: www.atari.com
© 2010 Atari Europe SASU. All rights reserved.
Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
About Cryptic Studios
Based in Los Gatos, CA, Cryptic Studios is a leading developer of massively multiplayer online games committed to delivering the next level of MMO gameplay. Cryptic develops AAA titles for PC and consoles, including Star Trek Online and Champions Online. For more information on Cryptic Studios, please visit the official website at: www.crypticstudios.com. Cryptic word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Cryptic Studios, Inc.