NEW YORK, Dec. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Atari®, one of the world's most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, today announced that RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ is now available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Google Play for Android devices for $5.99 USD. RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ is a new RCT experience, combining the best features from two of the most successful and beloved RCT games in the series' history – RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2. Fans of the original PC sim can rejoice as they create, customize and run amazing parks complete with the most outrageous rides imaginable.
"As the creator of the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® PC games many years ago, I have seen how much excitement and entertainment they have brought to players all over the world," said Chris Sawyer, Producer. "It was my long term ambition to bring the classic game to modern touch screen devices as its visual style and tactile nature are so well suited to smartphones and tablets. Working with Origin8 Technologies' development team, we have been able to modernize the classic gameplay for touch screen devices while preserving the unique graphical style of the original RCT games. I believe fans of the RCT series will greatly enjoy playing the classic titles enhanced on a new platform."
RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ brings the nostalgic thrills, fun and creative freedom of building the ultimate theme park to handheld devices. Both new players and fans of the original theme park sim can now experience the excitement of designing and building roller coasters and rides, landscaping parks and managing the staff and finances to keep guests happy and the money flowing.
Additional Key Features Include:
- The Original RollerCoaster Sim: Experience all the fun from the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 games, with a new app that combines the best elements of both classic titles.
- Coaster Construction: Create incredible roller coasters – Quickly build a pre-made design or use the intuitive piece-by-piece building tools to design and theme your own unique rides.
- Park Designer: Keep your guests happy by building gentle or wild rides, food and drink stalls, water rides, and even transport rides to take them around the park; customize your park by building scenery, fine-tuning the landscape, and routing the footpaths.
- Park Management: Run your park's marketing and finances to make a profit while attracting more guests; organize your staff to keep the park running well and looking its best.
- Exciting Environments: Build the ultimate theme park in a variety of challenging environments, from the tranquility of Forest Frontiers to the bustling commerce of Megaworld Park.
- Park Scenarios: Progress through 95 classic park scenarios from RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2.
- Authentic Gameplay: Classic-style characterful isometric graphics and original amusement park music and sound effects.
- Packed with Content: Includes hundreds of types of roller coasters and rides, and dozens of different shops, stalls, and facilities.
"Bringing RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ to handheld devices was important to us because we wanted to share the authentic playability and depth of gameplay of the original RCT games to both a new audience and long-time fans of the series," said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. "Working with Chris Sawyer has been a wonderful experience and it has enabled us to remain faithful to the RCT games that successfully launched the RCT franchise."
Produced by Chris Sawyer and Developed by Origin8 Technologies Ltd., RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic™ is available now on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Google Play for Android devices. For more information, visit www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com.
Atari (www.atari.com) is an interactive entertainment production company. As an iconic brand that transcends generations and audiences, the company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, and RollerCoaster Tycoon®.
Atari has offices in New York and Paris.
© 2016 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic © 2016 Chris Sawyer.
RollerCoaster Tycoon® is a registered trademark of Chris Sawyer. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
About Origin8 Technologies Ltd.
Origin8 (www.origin8.com) is an innovative indie developer based in London, UK. Founded in 2008 and comprising of a highly experienced team whose credits cover a vast number of platforms from the ZX Spectrum onwards, specializing in games and entertainment for iOS, Android, PC and Mac. Origin8's products include the award-winning Sentinel tower defense series, Transport Tycoon and Solar Siege.