LAS VEGAS, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- (National Association of Broadcasters, South Hall, Upper, Booth #SU7102) – ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression for the broadcast industry, today announced key enhancements to its TITAN Live video processing solution.
As a leading R&D company in the digital video broadcasting market, ATEME delivers products that support the latest in advanced compression technology, including High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and Ultra High Definition Television (UHDTV).
- TITAN Live Any-to-Any – ATEME's carrier-grade video processing solution for next generation TV Head-End is a real-time multi-channel/format encoder/transcoder for multi-screen delivery of linear channels (TV, mobile and web). The product has been enhanced with a variety of features, including support for live 4Kp60 HEVC encoding.
- Best-in-class video quality as low as 19 Mbps for 4Kp60.
- Uses 4x 3G-SDI inputs to directly ingest the baseband/uncompressed UHDTV signals with full frame processing, making it a true 4K encoder versus encoding the signal in two steps; a process that tends to degrade video quality.
- One TITAN chassis presently supports two UHDTV channels.
- TITAN Live can be used from any source, to any format, providing broadcasters with the ability to experiment with UHDTV and then re-use TITAN for other projects, including HD or SD, streaming, VOD or catch-up TV applications.
- Tested and proven to work with all available set-top-boxes, television sets and software players.
- LiveSphere™ – This groundbreaking 360° video broadcast solution for live entertainment, sporting events and television shows provides an immersive experience for consumers on second screens.
- UHDTV on demand – In partnership with LG Electronics, this demonstration will show 4K VOD content encoded with TITAN in HEVC Main 10 profile and displayed on a breathtaking 65" LG television.
- Kyrion contribution network management demonstrations – ATEME will demonstrate the in-depth integration of its Kyrion encoders and decoders into advanced video network management software.
- LiveSphere – This demonstration will explore different types of content and use cases for 360° television, on several devices including tablet, smartphone and a virtual reality headset.
Remi Beaudouin, director of product marketing, ATEME, said:
"The compression market is continuously evolving and our clients rely on ATEME to deliver truly state-of-the art video encoding performance to stay ahead of this fast-paced technology curve. Our ongoing research and development allows us to provide our customers with the kinds of powerful, cost-effective and innovative solutions that they have come to expect. We are proud to announce these latest advancements at this year's NAB show."
ATEME is a world leader in HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for live broadcast contribution links, fulltime distribution services, non-linear file and live video streaming solutions for OTT, IPTV and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.
Kim Dearborn, Nadel Phelan, Inc., T: +1-831-440-2407, E: firstname.lastname@example.org