CLEVELAND, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Thanksgiving reunites family and friends from all corners of the world to indulge in a day of gratitude and great company. Why waste the day on tedious prep and hours of laborious cooking when you could be spending it with loved ones? Athens Foods invites you to rethink your Thanksgiving feast and simplify with fillo! Whether you're beginning new holiday traditions or crafting legendary leftovers, Athens Foods takes the hassle out of Thanksgiving cooking with these five simple twists on classic holiday dishes:
- Turkey, Gruyere and Cranberry Mini Phyllo Shells – A savory morsel that provides all-in-one Thanksgiving fun in an adorable bite-sized presentation; can make ahead and freeze until ready to bake
- Phyllo Crown for Sweet Potato Casserole – This deliciously flaky take on traditional sweet potato casserole crust is sure to satisfy dinner guests
- Cran-Apple Crisps – Assemble and freeze ahead of time, if desired, then thaw and bake to enjoy these refreshingly sweet post-dinner treats, featuring Tangy Granny Smith apples and cranberries
- Maple Cream Phyllo Tarts – Trade in the pumpkin pie for these creamy, dreamy maple-infused tarts for a perfectly portable dessert
- Turkey and Blue Cheese Phyllo Pizza – Put your leftover turkey to good use with this delicious, light pizza topped with fresh veggies and creamy blue cheese; you can prep toppings ahead of time, then assemble and bake
Athens Fillo Dough and Athens Mini Fillo Shells are available in the dessert section of your grocer's freezer aisle and serve as healthier options to other frozen dough products, containing zero saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol. For more crowd-pleasing, bite-size Thanksgiving recipes, visit www.AthensFoods.com.
About Athens Foods®
Athens® is the world's largest producer of fillo dough and fillo products, including convenient, fully-baked Mini Fillo Shells. With more than 55 years of experience perfecting fillo, Athens® is committed to continually creating new recipes, gourmet appetizers, handmade desserts and a full array of fillo delicacies. For more information about Athens Foods® and its products, visit www.athensfoods.com, www.phyllo.com, www.facebook.com/AthensFoods, www.twitter.com/athensfoods, www.youtube.com/user/PhylloTips, www.pinterest.com/athensfoods/ or call 1-216-430-FILO (3456).
SOURCE Athens Foods