DALLAS, Dec. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* today provided details of a tentative agreement reached with the Communications Workers of America in Mobility Orange contract negotiations.
The four-year agreement was announced on Dec. 13. It covers about 20,000 employees in 36 states and the District of Columbia – AT&T's Mobility Orange unit, which encompasses CWA Districts 1, 2-13, 4, 7 and 9.
The offer includes wage and pension increases, as well as comprehensive healthcare benefits. Virtually all employees covered by the offer would see a positive financial impact.
Among provisions of the offer:
- Retroactive wage increases back to Feb. 12, 2017, and a $1,000 lump sum, if the agreement is ratified by Jan. 12, 2018.
- General wage increases of 2.25% effective Feb. 12, 2017; 3% effective Feb. 11, 2018; 2.25% effective Feb. 10, 2019; and 2.25% effective Feb. 9, 2020. Compounded wage increase over the four-year term of the offer will be over 10%, and employees in wage progression may see an even greater total increase over the term of the offer.
- For retail sales consultants, $2,500 moved from commissions that are at-risk to base pay that is not.
- The offer maintains one of the most robust health care plans in the nation, with the company paying over 70% of the total costs including 100% of preventive care costs.
- Employment security for call center and retail sales employees. If a call center or retail store closing results in a job loss, or if a call center or retail title is eliminated, affected employees will be guaranteed a job offer in our Mobility business.
- Industry-leading retirement benefits, including both a pension plan and a 401(k) savings plan.
- Attendance changes for call center and retail sales employees under a point-based attendance policy. The number of points for a multi-day absence would be reduced.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, business, mobile and high speed internet services. We offer the nation's best data network** and the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider. We're one of the world's largest providers of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. Nearly 3.5 million companies, from small to large businesses around the globe, turn to AT&T for our highly secure smart solutions.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Claim based on the Nielsen Certified Data Network Score. Score includes data reported by wireless consumers in the Nielsen Mobile Insights survey, network measurements from Nielsen Mobile Performance and Nielsen Drive Test Benchmarks for Q2 + Q3 2017 across 121 markets.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/att-releases-details-of-tentative-agreement-in-mobility-orange-contract-negotiations-300572036.html
SOURCE AT&T Inc.