PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Attensity™, the leader in Customer Experience Management software applications that generate value from unstructured text, today announced significant momentum in 2010. The company has seen its biggest year to date in revenue, product innovations, and new customers, along with the addition of a leading social media monitoring application, Attensity360. With global distribution and uptake of its applications in text analytics, social media monitoring and multi-channel response, Attensity has experienced more than 100 percent growth in terms of both revenue and customers in 2010.
"We are greatly encouraged by the tremendous growth we've seen this year," said Ian Bonner, president and CEO of Attensity Group. "To experience a record year during hard economic times is a testament to Attensity's leading innovation and the dynamic growth of interest in social media monitoring and multi-channel customer analytics. We've benefited from the fact that in 2010, voice of the customer analytics, enabled by text analytics, moved from an innovator/early adopter activity to something that mainstream companies have institutionalized as core to their business."
Attensity has continued to buck the economic recession by adding to its customer portfolio more than 50 large enterprises in 2010, in industries ranging from financial services and hospitality to telecommunications, consumer electronics and IT, and by doing repeat business with over 50% of its installed base. These include many of the largest and most renowned branded companies in the world — AT&T, Citigroup, Geico, HP, Lloyd's Bank, Safeway, Starwood, TiVo, TravelLodge, Unilever, Vodaphone, Volvo, Walgreens, Wells Fargo, Whirlpool, and many others.
A major milestone in 2010 was Attensity's acquisition of Biz360® Inc., the leading provider of social media monitoring and market intelligence solutions. This development has propelled Attensity to a dominant position in the expanding Social Customer Relationship Management (Social CRM) market, by significantly enhancing Attensity's ability to "open the enterprise" to conversations that take place online and by offering the world's first social media monitoring application combined with deep analytics. Attensity360 enables companies to get a deep and accurate understanding of customer conversations in social media including Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, blogs, forums, review sites and more.
2010 also saw several other major announcements from Attensity:
- Attensity Analyze for VoC Community Advantage: on-demand solution in Attensity's Voice of the Customer (VoC) application suite for finding and mining the collective wisdom in customer conversations in private and public communities in web forums
- Attensity Analyze for VoC Mobile: new mobile functionality for Attensity Analyze for VOC that enables users of mobile devices such as the Apple iPhone™ and iPad™ and Android™-powered devices to analyze Voice of the Customer (VoC) feedback across a variety of customer conversation channels including emails, CRM notes, survey responses and social media
- Attensity Respond for Social Media: works in conjunction with Attensity360 to help enterprise social media teams classify and route social media conversations to the right people in the organization for response
- Attensity Analyze now available in German: the release of the German version of Attensity Analyze makes it possible to extract and compile information from German customer conversations derived from a wide variety of sources including social media and contact center interactions, emails, survey responses and more for deep sentiment and root cause analysis
- Twitter "Firehose": the addition of the complete, real-time flow of conversations that take place on Twitter to enable Attensity customers to be able to both analyze and respond to these conversations
Attensity was honored with numerous high-profile award wins in 2010. For example, Attensity Analyze for VoC garnered BeyeNETWORK's Vision Award for Business Impact for its implementation at Whirlpool Corporation. Attensity was also recognized by leading analyst firm IDC as an "Innovative Company Under $100M to Watch" as well as by Intelligent Enterprise magazine among its "36 Companies to Watch." KMWorld magazine not only designated the company among "100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management" but also included Attensity360 among its "Trend-Setting Products for 2010."
For more information, Attensity is hosting a complimentary webinar today on "Social Media: The Next Frontier for Text Analytics," featuring Nick Patience, principal analyst at The 451 Group. A recorded version of this webinar and past Attensity webinars are also available on demand at http://www.attensity.com/news-events/events/webinars/archived-webinars/.
Attensity delivers an integrated suite of Customer Experience Management software applications to meet the demands of a new breed of empowered consumers. Attensity's solutions are powered by semantic technologies that allow organizations to Listen, Analyze, Relate and Act (LARA) on information trapped in the unstructured text of multi-channel customer conversations. The comprehensive suite of applications addresses collective intelligence in social media and forums; the voice of the customer in surveys, e-mails and other customer contact points; web and call center customer response management; and web self-service. Thanks to Attensity, customers experience relevant, effective, fast and positive one-on-one interactions with companies, resulting in increased loyalty and satisfaction. With more than 500 installations worldwide, Attensity's award-winning software supports 10,000-plus users in large government agencies and such innovative enterprises as Airbus, Bosch, Charles Schwab, JetBlue, Royal Bank of Canada, Siemens, Travelocity and Whirlpool. More information is at http://blog.attensity.com/, http://twitter.com/attensity and http://www.facebook.com/attensity.
©2010 Attensity Group. Attensity is a trademark of Attensity Group in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Attensity Group