DALLAS, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If you're looking for a smartphone that lets you connect faster, work smarter and literally puts control in the palm of your hand, consider the new LG G2 – the first U.S. smartphone to launch with the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. Coming to AT&T* stores September 13, the LG G2 will be available for $199.99 with a two-year agreement or $27 per month with AT&T Next. Online sales begin September 6 at www.att.com/g2.
With the LG G2, you don't have to choose between comfort and style. In fact, the LG G2's intuitive design is a first of its kind. The power and volume keys are conveniently housed on the rear of the device, offering easy one-hand gripping and central control. G2's unique KnockOn feature lets you wake your phone with a simple tap on the screen, bypassing the power button altogether.
The LG G2's cool factor isn't limited to the back of the device. AT&T customers will delight in the massive 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display which offers immersive, near edge-to-edge viewing with 16:9 aspect ratio and high-definition imagery without color distortion. In addition, the G2's 3,000 mAH battery offers long-lasting power capacity without adding extra exterior bulk.
"We are always rethinking what's possible, so we can continue to offer you the most compelling products and services," said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president- Devices, AT&T. "The LG G2 successfully marries innovation with performance. We're excited to welcome this unique device to our leading smartphone portfolio, on the nation's fastest and now most reliable 4G LTE network."
The LG G2's super-fast Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor lets you run multiple apps at once, browse the web or enjoy video and games seamlessly. The powerful processor also helps to enable the G2 to boast impressive sound features such as Hi-Fi sound playback and HD multichannel audio for enhanced sound quality.
The LG G2 runs on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean Plus) and includes several compelling features:
- A 13-megapixel Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) camera that helps reduce blur in photos and videos when capturing images in motion and improves clarity in extremely low-light conditions.
- Slide Aside multi-tasking allows three full screen apps or "slides" to run at the same time.
- QSlide 2.0 maximizes on-screen multi-tasking with the simultaneous use of multiple apps in floating windows, similar to a PC, that can be re-sized and have their level of transparency adjusted.
- Clip Tray allows you to copy multiple items and paste them in a pop-up clipboard, which can be saved or shared.
- QuickRemote 2.0 turns your phone into a universal remote for most remote controlled consumer electronics.
- VoiceMate lets you use your voice to send text messages and emails, and perform other administrative tasks.
- KnockON lets you wake the display just by knocking twice on the phone's screen.
AT&T recently launched AT&T Next, a program that lets you get a new device every year. AT&T Next is simple and easy to use.
- You can purchase a smartphone or tablet with no down payment, no upgrade fee and no activation fee and agree to pay monthly installments for the device, with no financing fees.
- After 12 payments, you can trade it in and upgrade to a brand new device — again with no down payment.
- AT&T Next is available for new AT&T customers or existing customers who are upgrade eligible.
- Using AT&T Next, you can get the LG G2 for $27 per month.
AT&T has the fastest and now most reliable 4G LTE network. According to independent third-party data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.** And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. ***
From the initial purchase to ongoing service interactions, AT&T is focused on providing an unparalleled customer experience. AT&T was recently recognized with two significant achievements, outperforming competitors for customer service and wireless purchase experience. J.D. Power awarded AT&T the "Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full-Service Wireless Providers" and "Highest Satisfaction with the Purchase Experience among Full Service Wireless Providers" in their 2013, Volume 2 studies.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Speed claim based on comparison of national carriers' average 4G LTE download speeds. Reliability claim compares data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G LTE not available everywhere.
*** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
AT&T received the highest numerical score among full service wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2013 Wireless Customer Care Full Service and Full Service Wireless Purchase Experience StudiesSM – Vol. 2. Study based on 7,373 (Customer Care) and 8,693 (Purchase Experience) consumer responses measuring 4 full service wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who purchased a wireless product or service within last 6 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed January-June 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high-speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.