LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- FastPencil today announced the availability of its free mobile authoring application allowing iPhone and iPod touch users to capture inspiration anywhere. The FastPencil (www.fastpencil.com) mobile app enables authors to read, write and work on books hosted at the free FastPencil publishing platform whenever and wherever they want.
Mobile authoring, an emerging confluence of mobile technology and creative content generation, mobilizes authors like never before. FastPencil's mobile app lets on-the-go authors use their iPhone to easily capture and organize inspiration within their FastPencil book projects and edit their books anytime. Authors can now collaborate with reviewers and editors on the fly and connect with their community all while the book is safely and securely stored in the author's FastPencil account.
"Jack London once wrote, 'You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. Keep a notebook. Travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it,'" said Steve Wilson, FastPencil Co-Founder and CEO. "Our new mobile authoring app allows writers to access and edit their projects at any time because sometimes the best ideas come to us in random places."
FastPencil democratizes publishing by blending social media, marketing, production and distribution so authors make more money and sell more books, while maintaining control of the content creation, price, distribution decisions and sales activity every step of the way. The FastPencil Author Concierge service gives each author personal service throughout the publishing process, including access to graphic designers, editors, social media experts, sales tips and more.
FastPencil puts more money in authors' pockets by stripping out the cost and complexity of publishing in hardcover, paperback or eBook formats. By securing agreements with 32,000 book and eBook retailers, FastPencil ensures each author's book is available to the broadest audience. Nearly 25 million eBooks were downloaded in 2009, about twice the amount from the previous 10 years, and the FastPencil write-once, publish anywhere approach ensures an author's book can be read anywhere today and in the future.
FastPencil Mobile Authoring App Features:
- Capture inspiration from anywhere with an iPhone or iPod touch
- My Projects tab enables users to edit, review content and related discussions and comment on novel projects in process
- Collaborations tab provides access to projects users are collaborating on for continued discussion
- News tab keeps users informed on community updates
- Marketplace tab opens web-browser for access
- Access recent novel purchases
- Access "My Publications" for review
- Select from a variety of free book templates
- Flexibility: Publish original works, blog to book or import existing stories
- Connect and share through Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, AOL, Yahoo and MSN
- Print on Demand or to eBook formats
- Distribution at over 32,000 online retailers including Amazon and Barnes & Noble
- Author concierge services including consulting, design services and formatting
- Integrated self-publishing wizard for step-by-step assistance
- FastPencil Classics: access to many royalty free titles including Tarzan of the Apes and Cinderella
Pricing and Availability
The FastPencil mobile application for iPhone and iPod touch is available immediately as a free download at the Apple iTunes App Store.
FastPencil is a simple, yet powerful book authoring web service from concept to finished product. The FastPencil writing and publishing service enables writers to create books online, collaborate with a trusted network of friends and professionals, and publish books on demand as hardcover, paperback or eBooks. Do you have a book inside you? Sign up for free at FastPencil.com.
FastPencil is a registered trademark of FastPencil, Inc. All other registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Seana Norvell FortyThree, Inc. 831.401.3175 FastPencil@fortythreepr.com