AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization solutions to 155 million active users, today announced the first AVG CloudCare™ service module to be integrated within AVG Managed WorkPlace® since AVG acquired the business of LPI Level Platforms on June 28.
The new integrated AVG CloudCare Managed WorkPlace service module gives Managed Service Providers (MSPs) the ability to remotely monitor their customers' device security measures from within a single dashboard and readily identify where protection is missing or inadequate. As a result, partners are able to make more of their customers' devices secure and ensure their IT environment is better protected as a whole.
Features and benefits for MSPs of the new AVG CloudCare Service Module include:
- At-a-glance insight into the health of any AVG CloudCare client device, including status of the AVG AntiVirus service and AVG Content Filtering service; version of the services installed; version of antivirus definitions on each device; and the last date and time that the definitions were updated
- A view of any Managed WorkPlace devices without an AVG CloudCare client installed and therefore the number of devices that could potentially be vulnerable to infection
- Ability to scan devices for possible infections and update AVG AntiVirus definitions on those devices, opening up remediation opportunities for partners
- Clearly see the number of threats detected at a multi-site (multiple customers), site (one customer) and device level for an aggregated view of customer environments
- Simple enable/disable of AVG AntiVirus and AVG Content Filtering services
- Links to the AVG CloudCare dashboard for reports and advanced management make it easier for partners to perform advanced AVG CloudCare management activities
- Summary of AVG AntiVirus Windows Events (last 7 days) for a customer site collected by Managed WorkPlace
- Alerts generated in Managed WorkPlace for threats detected, out-of-date virus definitions detected and more serve as useful triggers for remediation activities
"This first integrated service module for AVG CloudCare and AVG Managed WorkPlace is a measure of our commitment to making the lives of Managed WorkPlace MSPs as easy as possible," said Mike Foreman, General Manager, SMB, AVG Technologies. "It also takes us a step closer toward realizing our vision of fully combining the AVG CloudCare and AVG Managed WorkPlace offerings to deliver the best possible cloud-based IT management platform for MSPs who want to serve and protect their small business customers regardless of whether staff are in the office, at home or on the road."
AVG Managed WorkPlace streamlines time-consuming tasks across all aspects of a managed services offering — from customer acquisition and onboarding to ongoing monitoring and services expansion — to increase productivity, lower operating cost and drive revenue growth. The ability to see and manage an end-client's IT environment from a single dashboard, combined with flexible pricing, makes it easy and affordable for MSPs of all sizes to add revenue-generating managed services to their portfolio.
AVG CloudCare and AVG Managed WorkPlace are available to small business customers via AVG resellers and Managed Service Providers across key world markets. The new integrated AVG CloudCare / Managed WorkPlace service module adheres to the same principles of the open eco-system that have been so fundamental to Managed WorkPlace's success. MSPs wishing to find out more, should contact their existing Managed WorkPlace account management team.
For logos, screenshots and case study videos, please see the AVG CloudCare press kit: http://mediacenter.avg.com/en/press-tools/avg-cloudcare-press-kit/avg-cloudcare-press-kit.html
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 155 million active users as of June 30, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/AVG
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
SOURCE AVG Technologies