SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviat Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVNW), a leader in wireless transmission solutions, today announced that it will be showcasing its latest product innovations at the 2011 Mobile World Congress Conference, Feb. 14-17 in Barcelona, Spain.
Aviat Networks will be showcasing its vision for the future of backhaul networks that will be needed to support the next generation of 4G/LTE mobile broadband services and devices, which will include recently announced next-generation hybrid and all-IP wireless transmission products. These new products are all designed to help mobile service providers address the cost, capacity and complexity involved with the evolution of their network infrastructure.
Monday, Feb. 14, 2011 – Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2011, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Mobile World Congress, courtyard pavilion #CY08, Fira de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Aviat Networks Future of Backhaul Showcase
Located inside its pavilion, Aviat Network will present its vision for the future of backhaul networks, focusing on the key challenges faced by mobile service providers around the world:
- 4G/LTE Backhaul—A Dose of Reality. The requirements for 4G/LTE backhaul capacity are being overhyped, leading to operators wasting potentially billions of dollars by running fiber to cell sites. Understand how microwave exceeds the true backhaul capacity needs of 4G/LTE with high reliability—and much more cost effectively.
- Simplifying Mobile Backhaul Evolution. The evolution of mobile network infrastructure to all-IP is potentially risky and complex, giving operators many confusing options. Learn how Aviat Networks is developing solutions that will help simplify and lower the cost of this evolution.
- Small Cell Backhaul—Challenges and Opportunities. There is a growing consensus in the industry that operators will need to deploy a new "underlay" network of small, micro-base stations to provide the needed capacity and coverage for 4G. Find out how microwave is uniquely positioned to provide the backhaul for this new class of base stations.
- Aviat WTM 3000. A fully functional Carrier Ethernet transport node in a true zero-footprint package, the WTM 3000 for the first time includes advanced radio, modem and Ethernet networking functions all in a compact outdoor unit, unlike other "all-outdoor" packet radios that require an indoor unit or a separate switch/router to provide important networking advanced radio features.
- Eclipse IDU GE3. An ultra-compact indoor unit (IDU) that combines the very latest Carrier Ethernet networking and advanced radio features for hybrid TDM/Ethernet or all-Ethernet/IP wireless transmission. The Eclipse IDU GE3 enables the deployment of cost-effective wireless tail-end cell-site connections and standalone point-to-point links.
- Eclipse DAC GE3. A new plug-in interface module for the Eclipse Packet Node platform, the DAC GE3 provides the most advanced Carrier Ethernet switch subsystem available in microwave backhaul today. Featuring higher capacity and an impressive breadth of new capabilities, this third-generation design sets a new benchmark for resilient wireless access and aggregation networks.
Aviat Networks will also host a cocktail and tapas event on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in courtyard pavilion #CY08. Customers and other friends of the company are invited. Please contact your representative if interested in attending.
For more information on Mobile World Congress, visit www.mobileworldcongress.com.
About Aviat Networks
Aviat Networks, Inc. is a leader in wireless transmission solutions. We apply innovation and IP networking expertise toward building a carrier class foundation for future mobile broadband networks. With more than 750,000 systems installed around the world, Aviat Networks has built a reputation as a leader in offering best-of-breed solutions including LTE-ready microwave backhaul and a complete portfolio of service and support options to public and private telecommunications operators worldwide. With a global reach and local presence in more than 46 countries, Aviat Networks works by the side of its customers allowing them to quickly and cost effectively seize new market and service opportunities. Aviat Networks, formerly Harris Stratex Networks Inc., is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and listed on NASDAQ (AVNW). For more information or to join the dialogue, please visit:
SOURCE Aviat Networks