RAMSEY, N.J., Feb. 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The ability to back up data in a timely and secure way has always been an important service for companies. However, the modern business landscape has created a need for a more sophisticated type of data backup. BaaS providers, Comport, recently held an event to discuss how IoT is driving backup as a service adoption.
"Simple backups simply don't cut it anymore," stated Eric Young, Principal Cloud Architect of Comport. "Companies need the capability for an instant, fully automated backup that guarantees a shortened timeline from incident to recovery."
Below are a few of the most important points that Comport touched on during its event.
- Explosive data growth - The proliferation of big data throughout the digital landscape makes secure backup vital to business. Companies will begin to collect exponentially more data as time goes on, not less, meaning that BaaS will consistently rise in importance.
- Anytime access - The ideal backup solution allows instant access to recovery data. Traditional recovery may take hours or days to fully render data, but backing up with as a service provides faster access to your data.
- Easy to scale - As a business grows or consolidates, its backup solution should adapt. Smaller companies should not have to pay for the resources of a larger one, and larger companies need the appropriate amount of resources. Backup as a service provides this adaptability.
- Compliance - Many industries now face regulations on their data storage and organizational process. These regulations may include harsh legal penalties for non-compliance. Outsourcing your backup and ensuring that you are meeting compliance becomes easier with the help of a dedicated data protection company.
- Low investment upgrades - The scale that dedicated companies create through shared resources allows for low investment upgrades when new program operations become necessary. Backup services may cost tens of thousands of dollars for an individual company to implement. Outsourcing into BaaS can reduce these costs substantially.
- Security with IoT - As companies move into greater integration with the IoT, there are more opportunities for security hacks. BaaS ensures that these hidden backdoors do not cause an irrevocable loss of data or data corruption due to an unexpected occurrence.
An award-winning trusted IT partner in business since 1982, Comport helps our customers achieve efficiencies needed to succeed in today's digital world. Our customers include leading enterprises in Hospitals and Healthcare, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Media, Retail, Law Firms and Universities. Comport has established our cloud brand, ComportSecure to help customers deal with new and emerging trends. ComportSecure specializes in solutions in Cloud and Managed Services, Advanced IT Datacenters, and Mobility Security and Networking.
Media Contact: Deanna Thorman, fishbat Media, 631-633-4705, [email protected]