WELLESLEY, Mass., April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Babson College will host its fourth annual Babson India Symposium on April 19, 2019, with the theme, "Gearing for Growth."
Scheduled speakers include:
- Anurag Kashyap - Indian film director, writer, editor, producer and actor who will be conducting an interactive session
- Gururaj Deshpande - Indian American venture capitalist and entrepreneur, founder of the Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation at MIT and the Deshpande Foundation
- Deepak Ohri - Hotel mogul, founder and chief executive of Bangkok-based Lebua Hotels
- Yash Dongre - Business head, House of Anita Dongre, one of India's largest fashion label brands
- Aashni Shah - Founder and creative director at Aashni & Co - U.K.-based luxury fashion retailer
- Niharika Singh Shekhawat - Creative director at Sunita Shekhawat, a signature jewelry brand from Jaipur
- Sanjay Sachdev - Former chairman of ZyFin Holdings, asset management and economic research firm
- Jayam Vora - Entrepreneur and co-founder of Fitternity, India's largest marketplace for fitness services
- Saket Modi - Co-founder and CEO of Lucideus, Cisco-backed information security platform and services that monitors and reactively responds to cyber threats
- Karan Tanna - Forbes 30 under 30. Yellow Tie Brands, India's first scalable restaurant incubator
- Suhani Jalota - CEO and founder, Myna Manila Foundation, Padwoman of India
- Zubin Sharma - Founder and CEO at Project Potential, which enables rural youth to grow into conscious leaders.
Moderators include Babson Professors Anirudh Dhebar and Srinivasa Rangan. Akshaye Rathi - film exhibitor & distributor - will moderate the fireside chat with Anurag Kashyap followed by an interactive director session. The conference will take place at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
The Babson India Symposium is organized by students, staff, and faculty to promote Babson and India by engaging and interacting with Indian leaders from various disciplines. The symposium aims at reflecting on what unique factors have allowed India to thrive on the competitive global landscape. Participants aim to learn and communicate how India, the fastest growing economy in the world, is gearing up for the future.
Babson India Graduate Club
The Babson India Graduate Club is a student-run graduate organization committed to celebrating India and generating awareness and educating our community about Indian culture, business, economics and politics in an entrepreneurial way.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader of Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(r). The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
Media Contacts: Michael Chmura
Public Relations Director
Provided by Newswise, online resource for knowledge-based news at www.newswise.com
SOURCE Babson College