Back-to-School Season Kicks off Fall Fundraising at Applebee's
Upstate NY Franchise Group helped local organizations raise more than $2.41 million last year
Aug 02, 2011, 11:05 ET
BUFFALO, N.Y., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Back-to-School season brings with it new friends, new classes, new clothes… but not always new uniforms or supplies needed by local groups to kick off the school year the right way. Applebee's restaurants across upstate New York and Connecticut provide great opportunities for local schools, sports teams and nonprofits to earn money for their respective organizations with fun, community-based fundraisers.
Student groups can host a Flapjack Fundraiser pancake breakfast at Applebee's, while other nonprofits can host a "Dining to Donate" event with a percent of the bill going back to their organization. In 2010 alone, T.L. Cannon Companies, the franchisee for 61 Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar restaurants across upstate New York and Connecticut, helped groups raise more than $2.41 million through its various fundraising programs.
"At Applebee's we strongly believe in giving back to our local communities, "said Matt Fairbairn, CEO, T.L. Cannon Companies. "We're proud to have become a resource for local schools, groups and other nonprofits to fundraise in the community. With the dedication of our staff and patrons who partner with us, the support we're able to provide continues to grow year over year. We look forward to another great year of fundraisers in our Applebee's restaurants."
Whether raising money for sports equipment, school trips, or organizational supplies, Applebee's invites groups to choose among a variety of fundraising options, including the following programs which can be booked on the company's community site www.tlcneighborhood.com:
- Flapjack Fundraisers: Offered exclusively to schools, youth sports or youth service organizations. On Saturday and Sunday mornings, Applebee's provides the venue, food and beverages for the breakfasts, while the organizations sell tickets and volunteer at the events. Local schools and youth organizations holding Flapjack Fundraisers in 2010 raised more than $1.8 million for their programs.
- Dining to Donate: Available to any 501 (C) (3) nonprofit organization. Organizations book their events at www.tlcneighborhood.com and distribute Applebee's vouchers prior to. Ten percent of guest checks that accompany event vouchers are donated back to the charitable nonprofit organizations. Churches, college clubs and other nonprofits took part in Dining to Donate events, raising more than $40,000 in 2010.
Applebee's also supports education for younger school-age children through the following programs:
- School Restaurant Tours: Open to elementary grades K-5, schools can bring students in for a tour of Applebee's. While at the restaurant, students learn about job duties, teamwork and the importance of a clean work environment. Students, chaperones and teachers can enjoy a price-fixed, discounted lunch, and all students receive a "Junior Applebuddy" certificate with a coupon for a free kid's meal for their next visit.
- A is for Applebee's: An achievement award program, teachers can honor their students' achievements, whether for academics, attitude or effort. Teachers can order reward cards for a free kid's meal at Applebee's at www.tlcneighborhood.com.
- Bookworm Reading Club: Open to students 10 and younger, children can record the books they read on a "Bookworm Club" card. Once a student reads 10 books, they receive a free kid's meal with the purchase of an adult meal. Requests must be made by local schools or libraries online at www.tlcneighborhood.com.
- Cool Credit: An achievement program for students 13-18, Cool Credit allows participating schools to reward deserving students with a free appetizer at Applebee's. Schools can award cards to students based on their own criteria – from leadership and academics to sportsmanship and attendance. Requests should be made online at www.tlcneighborhood.com.
To learn more about fundraising opportunities at Applebee's restaurants in New York and Connecticut, visit www.tlcneighborhood.com. To view and subscribe to more news from Applebee's/T.L. Cannon, visit http://www.pitchfeed.com/tlcannonapplebees/9358.
About T.L. Cannon Companies
T.L. Cannon Companies is the franchisee for Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar in Upstate NY and CT. The company currently owns and operates 61 restaurant locations. TL Cannon has been awarded the National Restaurant Association "Restaurant Neighbor" state award for community involvement for the last six consecutive years and was recognized by Applebee's nationally as the system's franchise "Neighbor of the Year" based on neighborhood support in 2006 and 2009.
SOURCE T.L. Cannon Companies
Share this article