SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Bank of the West today debuts the WAVE Exhibit, a forum created by BNP Paribas in collaboration with L'Atelier BNP Paribas, examining how collective ingenuity is rapidly changing the global economy. Navi Radjou, innovation and leadership strategist based in Silicon Valley and co-author of Frugal Innovation: How to do More With Less, is the scientific curator of this exhibition. A portion of the exhibition will be hosted at two Bank of the West Wealth Management Centers in California – 555 Market Street in San Francisco and 531 Cowper Street in Palo Alto – from October 20 through November 27.
The exhibit centers around the five currents of collective ingenuity, each of which focuses on a key trend in the way that the global economy is evolving, powered by today's entrepreneurs and innovators:
- Co-Creation: By creating together, we can find solutions that none of us could achieve on our own. The world is full of smart ideas, valuable information and helping hands from which we can all benefit.
- Circular Economy: A circular economy is a system in which waste from one process becomes resources for another. Recycling and re-use constitute the fundamental logic of this self-sustaining system.
- Inclusive Economy: There are billions of people at the bottom of the economic pyramid. There are many ways that businesses can provide them with solutions.
- Sharing Economy: The sharing economy is about access rather than ownership. Resources such as cars, vacation homes, clothing, even knowledge, can become available to many more users with the act of sharing.
- Maker Movement: Being a maker is an attitude: makers know that anyone can create and change the world, and that you don't have to be an expert or a professional to create progress. We can all contribute something new; we can all tinker and experiment, and improve the world around us.
"In the era of crowd-funded start-ups, sneaker customization, bike sharing, and sustainable businesses, Bank of the West has its finger on the pulse of the forces reshaping the global economy, in order to support our clients effectively in the world of tomorrow," said Cheryl Farley, Regional Manager for Bank of the West's Wealth Management Group. "We are proud to present this BNP Paribas exhibition to our clients and the community in which they live, to better guide them as they navigate the evolving economic landscape."
WAVE – Innovation and Leadership
Originally premiering in Paris in September 2014, the exhibit has now expanded to 10 cities throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States. Bank of the West will present 10 panels – five in San Francisco, five in Palo Alto – to promote discussion around innovation and leadership to empower the entrepreneurial community in which the Bank has a presence. WAVE also has a dedicated Twitter handle for this exhibit - @expowave – as well as hashtags for the US exhibits.
San Francisco Exhibit (#WaveSF)
Palo Alto Exhibit (#WavePaloAlto)
• Specialisterne (Inclusive Economy)
• Ford Techshop (Maker Movement)
• Vauban (Circular Economy)
• Protei (Co-creation)
• Album Song reader de Beck (Sharing Economy)
• M-KOPA / M-PESA (Inclusive Economy)
• Jack Andraka (Maker Movement)
• Beacon Food Forest (Circular Economy)
• La Cura (Co-Creation)
• Khan Academy Lite (Sharing Economy)
"The WAVE Exhibit inspires each of us to consider the greater impact of our actions on business, society and the environment and how they can improve the world around them," said Farley. "This exhibit reflects the type of ongoing discussions our advisors have with our clients every day as they evaluate their investments and how they can better the world around them."
In addition to hosting the WAVE Exhibit, the Bank of the West Wealth Management Centers serve as beautifully-designed meeting places for Bank of the West clients and their families to sit down with their advisors to discuss life goals, retirement ambitions, and other family and financial matters. The Centers host regular talks and panels with industry experts for the benefit of Bank of the West clients.
About Bank of the West Wealth Management Group:
Bank of the West Wealth Management provides wealth planning, investment management*, personal banking and trust services. The group is part of BNP Paribas' global wealth management business of more than 6,300 professionals in 30 countries worldwide with over $15.5 billion** in assets under management in the United States and €305 billion ($345 billion) in assets under management globally as of June 2015.
About Bank of the West:
Bank of the West is a regional financial services company chartered in California and headquartered in San Francisco with $72.5 billion in assets as of June 30, 2015. Founded in 1874, Bank of the West provides a wide range of personal, commercial, wealth management and international banking services through more than 600 offices in 22 states and digital channels. Bank of the West is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas, which has a presence in 75 countries with 185,000 employees.
Deposit and loan products offered by Bank of the West, Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. In South Dakota, Bank of the West operates under the name Bank of the West California.
Bank of the West Wealth Management offers products and services through Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries.
*Securities and variable annuities are offered through BancWest Investment Services, a registered broker/dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC. Financial Advisors are Registered Representatives of BancWest Investment Services. Fixed annuities/insurance products are offered through BancWest Insurance Agency in California, (License #0C52321), through BancWest Insurance Agency in Utah and through BancWest Investment Services, Inc. in AZ, CO, IA, ID, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, WA, WI, WY, HI, GUAM and CNMI. Advisory Services are offered through BancWest Investment Services, an SEC-registered investment advisor. Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries are not tax or legal advisors. BancWest Investment Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the West and a part of the Wealth Management Group. BancWest Corporation is the holding company for Bank of the West. BancWest Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas.
Investment and Insurance products:
NOT FDIC INSURED
NOT BANK GUARANTEED
MAY LOSE VALUE
NOT A DEPOSIT
NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
**Including assets under supervision at BancWest Investment Services
SOURCE Bank of the West