CHICAGO, April 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Barchart, a leading provider of commodity data and workflow solutions, is proud to officially announce the speaker and panelist lineup for cmdtyExchange 2019, an immersive event highlighting the data, tools and technology driving innovation in commodity markets.
The three day event, taking place at Venue SIX10 in Chicago from May 8 through May 10, will feature cutting edge panels, engaging presentations, and networking opportunities for participants who are all deeply involved in the commodity industry.
"We're excited to host the inaugural cmdtyExchange conference in Chicago, the home of commodity markets," said Mark Haraburda, Barchart CEO. "Attendees will be able to explore the trends and factors, including data and technology, that are impacting the industry today, through the amazing roster of thought leaders who will share their insights and perspectives with our audience."
cmdtyExchange is designed as an immersive experience across three days of events including the opening networking reception, a full day of talks, panels, and demonstrations, and a third day for interactive exploration of the tools agricultural professionals and market participants can use to drive results for their business.
To learn more about cmdtyExchange or to purchase tickets, visit www.cmdtyexchange.com. View the full presentation and speaker lineup for May 9 below.
Innovation in Ag - Concise onstage presentations from 5 innovative firms that are impacting the commodity industry.
- Rory O'Sullivan, Founder of Grain Discovery
- James O'Brien, Co-Founder of Agrograph
- Jonathan Rubin, CEO of New Leaf Data Services
- Jan Dutton, CEO of Prescient Weather, the creators of CropProphet
- Melisa Culbertson, Executive Director of OTC Structured Products at RJ O'Brien
- Luke Quinn, Senior Product Manager at Cantor Fitzgerald
Panel #1: Grain Market Perspectives - An engaging conversation in which each panelist will bring their own unique perspective on the grain markets and cover topics such as current market drivers, fundamentals and the impact of technology.
- Alan Brugler, President of Brugler Marketing & Management
- Darin Newsom, President of Darin Newsom Analysis
- Kent Beadle, Director of Risk Consulting at CHS Inc.
- Dan Basse, President of AgResource
- Tom Dosdall, Futures and Options Broker at Daniels Trading
- John Newton, Chief Economist at American Farm Bureau
Panel #2: The New Harvest - Ag Data - A discussion on the new types of data being harvested in ag - from predictive AI models and farm machinery IoT, to geospatial insights.
- Keith Petersen, Head of Strategy at Barchart
- David Gebhardt, VP of Strategic Partnerships at UrtheCast
- Tim Worledge, Director and Co-Founder of AgriCensus
- Jason Tatge, CEO, President and Co-Founder of Farmobile
- Daniel Ferber, Data Scientist at ACRE by McKinsey & Company
- Andrew Fansler, Owner of Fansler Farms
Panel #3: Is Electronification of Physical Grain Trading Finally Here? - A conversation on the past, present and future of physical grain trading. With the latest automation technology available to the marketplace, our panelists will discuss if farmers and grain buyers are finally ready to embrace change.
- Candice Lucas, Director of Commodity Products at CME Group
- Michael Browne, Head of Commodities at Barchart
- Brennan Turner, CEO of FarmLead
- Mark Hafliger, President of AgMark LLC
- Troy Presley, Head of Grain Merchandising at CoMark Equity Alliance
- Mark Frank, CEO of GrainBridge
Panel #4: Moving Grain Transportation Forward - A discussion focused on possible disruptions to the existing business model, predictions for the marketplace going forward, and the impact of new technology on grain transportation.
- Fernando Quinonez, Director of Sales at Maersk
- Ibrahiim Bayaan, Chief Economist at FreightWaves
- Kearney Klein, VP of Transport at Indigo Ag
- Prezemek Koralewski, Freight Expert at Nasdaq
- Adam Sparger, Deputy Director at USDA
Barchart is a leading provider of market data and services to the global financial, media, and commodity industries. Our diversified client base trusts Barchart's innovative Solutions across data, software, and technology to power their operation from front to back office, while our Media brands enable financial and commodity professionals to make decisions through web content, news, and publications. For more information, please visit www.barchart.com/solutions.