CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and LONDON, March 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Touch Press and Barefoot Books announce the immediate availability of their magical Barefoot World Atlas App (www.barefootbooks.com/landing_pages/barefoot-world-atlas-app), specially engineered to take advantage of the stunning new retina display and quad-core graphics, on the new iPad.
Barefoot World Atlas is an interactive 3D globe that invites children to explore the regions and countries of the world, to discover 500 fascinating features and to immerse themselves in the rich wonders of our planet. This beautiful animated world comes alive in crisp and vivid detail on iPad's new Retina display.
This engaging and educational app presents:
- An enchanting, hand-painted interactive globe that children can spin, zoom and fly around;
- An evocative, ever-changing music and effects soundscape;
- Hundreds of animated illustrations by artist David Dean representing culture, people, and nature;
- Extensive written text and spoken narration by BBC presenter and geographer Nick Crane;
- A vast collection of carefully chosen photographs;
- 3D rotations of historical objects from the Royal Geographical Society;
- Live country facts from Wolfram|Alpha including current weather;
- Fully compatible with first and second generation iPad.
Barefoot World Atlas is based on the acclaimed hardback atlas published by Barefoot Books in 2011, which is already in its fourth printing. "No one brings the iPad alive like Touch Press and we are honoured to partner with them to deliver this ground-breaking app that ignites the imagination and zest for discovery in children of all ages," said Nancy Traversy, Co-founder and CEO of Barefoot Books.
"Barefoot World Atlas running on the new iPad has to be seen to be believed," adds Theodore Gray, Co-founder and Creative Director of Touch Press. "Children take about ten seconds to master navigation and then become explorers spending hours following their curiosity around the globe."
The Barefoot World Atlas App is available for $7.99/5.49 pounds Sterling from the App Store(SM) on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
Images available at www.touchpress.com/press.
SOURCE Barefoot Books