CAMPBELL, Calif., Dec. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Barracuda Networks Inc. (NYSE: CUDA), a leading provider of cloud-connected security and storage solutions, today announced that the Barracuda NG Firewall is now available in the Amazon Web Services Marketplace. The Barracuda NG Firewall for Amazon Web Services (AWS) allows customers to protect and access their server infrastructures deployed in the AWS cloud.
"The Barracuda NG Firewall offers AWS customers comprehensive features to securely deploy in public cloud environments," said Blair Hankins, VP Engineering, Barracuda. "This expanded offering extends remote network access to augment the other Barracuda security offerings available on the Amazon AWS cloud platform."
The Barracuda NG Firewall provides VPN and security-enhanced remote network access between customer networks and the AWS cloud platform, including highlights such as:
- Granular control over applications, allowing administrators to define rules for forwarding data traffic using the best respective transmission channels based on type of application, user, content, time of day, and geographical location. The Barracuda NG Firewall allows organizations to prioritize traffic by limiting or restricting access to non-business-related applications and network traffic, even when encrypted.
- Enhanced network security with the Barracuda NG Firewall Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS/IPS), providing complete and comprehensive real-time network protection against a broad range of network threats, vulnerabilities, exploits, and exposures in operating systems, applications, and databases preventing network attacks such as SQL injections and arbitrary code executions.
- Advanced site-to-site and client-to-site VPN capabilities, using both SSL and IPsec protocols to ensure remote users can easily and securely access network resources without complex client configuration and management.
Pricing and Availability
The Barracuda NG Firewall in the AWS Marketplace is available today as a Bring Your Own License service. User licenses can be purchased through traditional channels starting at U.S. list price $1,599 USD for a one-year subscription, and customers can then use that license to provision the application in AWS. For more information, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00H8CB6HY/ref=_ptnr_pr_ngfirewall.
- Barracuda NG Firewall in the AWS Marketplace: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00H8CB6HY/ref=_ptnr_pr_ngfirewall
- Barracuda NG Firewall on AWS Overview: https://www.barracuda.com/programs/aws
- Barracuda NG Firewall on AWS Technical Library: http://techlib.barracuda.com/rIIl
For more info on the Barracuda NG Firewall:
- Barracuda NG Firewall product page: https://www.barracuda.com/products/ngfirewall
- Barracuda NG Firewall Vx product page: https://www.barracuda.com/products/ngfirewallvx
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit http://www.barracuda.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the functionality and performance of Barracuda NG Firewall product and the availability of the product through AWS. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to, a highly competitive business environment and customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including under the caption "Risk Factors" in the Company's prospectus filed with the SEC on November 6, 2013 pursuant to Rule 424(b) under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the US and other countries.
SOURCE Barracuda Networks