CAMPBELL, Calif., Nov. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA),
Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda launches ArchiveOne version 7.0 following its acquisition of C2C Systems (C2C). New release builds on ArchiveOne's proven functionality for easy-to-use, affordable, enterprise-class information management for midsized organizations. Information about ArchiveOne version 7.0 is available at http://cuda.co/archiveone.
- Barracuda ArchiveOne version 7.0 Advanced Discovery application enables business users to identify and manage data regardless of where it is saved across an organization. Leveraging roles-based web consoles, business users can locate and archive, copy, delete, and retain pertinent information quickly and efficiently. More information can be found here http://cuda.co/discovery.
- By facilitating secure access to information, Advanced Discovery can remove IT resources from being deeply involved in records management, electronic discovery, and other business-related data management tasks. For electronic discovery, legal and audit departments can locate information easily without knowing specifically if the data is stored in mailboxes, message archives, or file servers.
Extending Data Protection Plus
Barracuda recently announced its Data Protection Plus initiative, expanding the company's footprint in the midmarket with new products and enhancements to make it simple for customers to access, retain and share their critical information. As part of this initiative, Barracuda announced its acquisition of C2C to accelerate the company's archiving and information management strategy. Barracuda ArchiveOne version 7.0 builds on C2C's award-winning information management platform and is the first new product release since Barracuda acquired C2C. For more information, please visit http://cuda.co/dppreview.
Simplified eDiscovery and Information Management
For corporate counsels and paralegals from commercial, governmental and educational disciplines, C2C developed the Advanced Discovery application. By using familiar legal terminology and reducing the need to understand complex IT environments, legal teams are able to be more responsive in early case assessment (ECA).
"Previously the IT department was tasked with discovery requests because only they knew where data resided and how to find it," said Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. "Our ArchiveOne platform changes this by enabling business owners such as legal and HR departments to perform their own queries. As a result, eDiscovery is simplified, better results can be obtained, and costs can be reduced – all while freeing up IT to handle other mission-critical tasks within the data center."
Information management is not new to the IT industry, but previously it was positioned for large enterprises with substantial budgets and expansive IT staffs. Utilizing the power of ArchiveOne and the new Advanced Discovery application, Barracuda provides cost-effective information management to the midmarket.
ArchiveOne version 7.0 and Advanced Discovery highlights:
- Discovery for the corporate legal user: Enables business users to be able to identify and manage eDiscovery using familiar terminology via intuitive web-based interfaces. For example, corporate legal teams can search and collect data based on keywords and custodians.
- Simplifying business processes: Allows users to manage data in context of business need and search for data without the involvement of IT. eDiscovery is one example of processes where organizations need to manage data according to a defined process.
- Web-based access – any time, anywhere: Permits IT business partners and empowered knowledge workers with appropriate permissions to use the web-based application from any browser, without any special client or additional software. This access makes finding the right information and properly managing it simpler for organizations with constrained IT resources.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda ArchiveOne version 7.0 with Advanced Discovery is available immediately, with U.S. list pricing starting at $63 USD per user. International pricing and availability vary by region.
Barracuda Information Management Blog: http://cuda.co/infomgt
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud, and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the benefits, functionality and performance of the Barracuda ArchiveOne product. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/barracuda-simplifies-corporate-wide-information-management-300000718.html
SOURCE Barracuda Networks