SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Many vehicles earned industry accolades featuring Glasurit® and R-M® paint by BASF at the 2014 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show earlier this month.
Key top honors given to show vehicles featuring BASF paint include:
- Chevrolet Design Award for the Best Chevy in Show; Mothers® Choice Award; and the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association Gold Award – The 1966 "Recoil" Chevelle from the Ringbrothers, painted in a custom Sand Storm color from the Glasurit® 90-Line, took home this impressive collection of honors. The "Recoil" was also named the "Car Everyone is Talking About" by Car and Driver magazine in its SEMA show round-up and received recognition from both Hot Rod magazine and the General Motors official news blog.
- Ford Motor Co. Best in Stand Design – Awarded to the 2015 Ford Mustang convertible. Styled by designer Chip Foose, Glasurit® ambassador, featuring light green metallic paint with orange accents from BASF's Glasurit® 90-Line.
- Scion Tuner Challenge Award – The Speedhunters Scion FR-S from Keith Charvonia, painted in a Pure White from BASF's R-M® line took home first place honors.
- Gran Turismo Award – The Garrett X GReddy R35 GT-R was named as the Gran Turismo Best Asian Import award winner and featured Solid Red paint from Glasurit® 90-Line. The car will be featured as a downloadable option in an upcoming installment of the Gran Turismo video game series.
- Autobytel's Best Paint Jobs at SEMA – Two vehicles on Autobytel's list feature BASF paint: the Chip Foose 2006 Ford Mustang GT in the Magnaflow booth featuring Tungsten Grey paint from the Glasurit® 90-Line; and the 1972 Buick Riveria "Rivtile" from Juergen Book that was painted "snake-style" to represent an "automotive reptile." The color scheme features a range of reptilian greens, custom painted with gold contrasts from BASF's R-M® Carizzma line.
- SEMA Battle of the Builders: Top 10 Builders Finalists – Two finalists in the Top 10 Builders award were BASF Refinish customers: The Ringbrothers with the "Recoil" Chevelle; and Gordon Aram, who uses the BASF R-M® Line, was nominated for his 1978 Ford Mustang II, which features Kona Blue paint.
"We're very proud of these accolades for our Glasurit® and R-M® paint systems, as well as the recognition of the artistic skills of these dedicated designers. Congratulations to all the winners," said Paul Whittleston, Vice President, Automotive Refinish & Industrial Coatings Solutions North America.
For more information, please visit www.basfrefinish.com.
BASF Automotive Refinish
BASF's Automotive Refinish business makes and markets coatings for the collision repair, commercial fleet and automotive specialty markets. Its paint products are supported by technical training programs, advanced color information systems and business management and planning tools. For more information visit: http://www.refinish.basf.us/
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $19.3 billion in 2013. For more information about BASF's North American operations, visit www.basf.us.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world's leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future. BASF had sales of about €74 billion in 2013 and over 112,000 employees as of the end of the year. Further information on BASF is available on the Internet at www.basf.com.