HARTLAND, Wis., Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To prepare drivers for winter weather, Batteries Plus Bulbs, the nation's first, largest and fastest growing battery and light bulb franchise, announced the launch of a nationwide sweepstakes seeking to both educate and reward its customers. By stopping in to a Batteries Plus Bulbs store for a no-appointment-necessary, free battery and systems check, customers will be automatically entered into the month-long contest for a chance to win free Duracell® Ultra Premium Gold flooded car batteries, free battery and system testing, and free car battery installations over the lifetime of their vehicle. There will be four winners, one announced each week at BatteriesPlus.com, during the sweepstakes period of Nov. 15 to Dec. 14.
"With so many people on the road this time of year, we wanted to bring attention to the importance of car care and, specifically, battery maintenance—especially with winter weather poised to affect drivers across the country," said Russ Reynolds, CEO of Batteries Plus Bulbs. "This sweepstakes is designed to provide our customers with a valuable offering, while educating them on the importance of getting their batteries checked before it's too late and they get stranded. We appreciate their business, and we want to help them stay safe during the holidays and throughout the year."
Since batteries serve as the power source for vehicles, it's imperative to take care of them to ensure they continue performing at a high level. When a Batteries Plus Bulbs trained associate performs a free car and truck battery testing and system check, they will also conduct a visual inspection of the battery to address common problems such as corrosion, poor connectors and failed hold-downs that can affect performance, especially during extreme temperatures. Should the battery need to be replaced, the experts at Batteries Plus Bulbs will recommend the right battery for your car, truck, luxury or import automobile and provide free installation on most makes and models, while you wait.
Stores also offer a comprehensive stock of car battery accessories, including:
- Jumper cables
- Jump starters and jump packs
- Battery chargers and maintainers
- Cable-end replacements and wire
- Quick disconnects
- Battery boxes
- Anti-corrosion rings and spray, and more
To increase the overall performance and lifespan of your car battery, Batteries Plus Bulbs offers the following tips for extreme weather car care:
- Park your car in a protected environment. An insulated garage for storage during winter months is ideal to protect it from harsh outside elements.
- Keep the battery connecting points and terminals clean. Corrosion, grease and dirt can impede the flow of energy, affecting the charge used to start your vehicle, as well as the return charge placed back into the battery. Use a wire brush to clear these areas on the battery, but be sure to wear the proper eye and hand protection.
- Avoid extreme vibration. Constant jiggling and jostling of a loose battery increases the risk of damage to the battery plates and the potential for acid to spill in the engine compartment. Be sure the battery is secured using proper hold-downs.
- Regular use. Drive your vehicle regularly, have it serviced regularly, charge it regularly, and avoid draining the battery by leaving electronic accessories 'on' when the car is 'off'.
For more information on Batteries Plus Bulbs, their free battery testing service and to view the contest rules and details, please visit BatteriesPlus.com.
ABOUT BATTERIES PLUS BULBS
Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's first, largest and fastest growing battery and light bulb franchise with a nationwide network of stores. Batteries Plus Bulbs is owned by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm. With access to more than 45,000 types of batteries, light bulbs and accessories, Batteries Plus Bulbs has the widest selection of battery and light bulb products available and offers unmatched service to retail and business consumers at the national and local levels. Batteries Plus Bulbs also offers on-site repairs for Apple® devices, including iPhones®, iPads® and iPods®, most Samsung® devices and many more. Batteries Plus Bulbs continues its reign as the undisputed leader in the expanding $30.7 billion U.S. battery replacement market and in the rapidly growing U.S. light bulb replacement market estimated at $17 billion*. To learn more about our exciting franchise opportunities please visit batteriesplus.com/franchising for more information. *Freedonia Research Study
SOURCE Batteries Plus Bulbs