SAN JOSE, Calif., April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BCA Architects presented an update of its long-range master plan for a new elementary school with capacity to hold 800 students before the Board of Trustees at Mendota Unified School District. After the presentation, the Board directed BCA Architects to identify and evaluate suitable sites for the school, which will relieve current overcrowding at Washington Elementary School.
One of the Mendota School District Board members complimented Paul Bunton, president of BCA Architects, for his ability to simplify complex issues and communicate them quickly to the Board to allow them to make informed decisions. BCA's work to lead the District through this series of complex facilities issues has been exceptional.
BCA Architects has also identified critical short-term objectives that the District can implement to relieve overcrowding and bring existing elementary schools up to 21st Century Learning Environment standards.
Mike Crass, Superintendent of Schools for Mendota Unified School District, stated that he and the Board are "thrilled with the dynamic long-range master planning process" that BCA Architects is undertaking for the Mendota District.
BCA's preliminary tasks will include the following:
- Work with the District Administration, City of Mendota, Commercial Land Brokers, etc. to identify parcels of land within city boundaries that may be appropriate sites for a new elementary school.
- Evaluate prospective sites based on the criteria previously presented to the Board including the preparation of conceptual design studies on sites selected for evaluation.
- Engage various agencies required to obtain approval of a new school site for a public school including the California Department of Education, California Department of Toxic Substance Control, City of Mendota, and others.
- Obtain California Environmental Quality Act approval on the selected site.
- Work with the City of Mendota Public Works Department on any required off-site improvements required to extend City services to the various sites being considered.
BCA Architects partners with clients in a mission to achieve excellence in design. Since 1989, BCA strives to strengthen communities through projects built whether it's to design, to help define partnerships, to locate financing, to save energy or to present alternate delivery methods. BCA goes above and beyond the task at hand to ensure their clients succeed.
Rachel Del Fierro
(408) 588-3835 or [email protected]
SOURCE BCA Architects