BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Walking in on your beau bedding your best friend… Halting your wedding because your evil twin stole your spot at the altar… Discovering that your mortal enemy is really your long-lost sibling. These may seem like the plotlines of a delicious daytime soap, but sensational stories are anything but fiction on Investigation Discovery. Dishing out the drama of blindsided betrayals, mistaken identities, and deadly deceptions, ID is staking its claim on real-life soap operas with the launch of daytime programming block DAYS OF OUR KNIVES on Monday, August 20 from 1-4 PM E/P. By enlisting adored soap stars to host themed programming each weekday, ID will provide a new alternative to devoted soap fans searching for new "stories" to turn to. Hosting the block each day will be talent hailing from the drama that started it all, Guiding Light, to the now-longest running soap currently in production, General Hospital.
"Investigation Discovery is already the home of guilty pleasure programming, but perhaps there is no more popular example of a classic guilty pleasure than the soap opera," said Henry Schleiff, president and general manager of Investigation Discovery. "With ID being the #4 network in daytime for Women 25-54*, we realized that soap fans already love The Young and the Restless so let's give it to them ID-style: the young and the reckless!"
Each week of DAYS OF OUR KNIVES will have its own theme and different stars to introduce the true-life programming based on their scandalous soap personalities. The schedule is as follows:
- Tainted Love Week August 20-24: Hosted by Robert Newman (Joshua Lewis, Guiding Light) and Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne, Guiding Light)
- Wicked Women Week August 27-31: Hosted by Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe, General Hospital), Jacklyn Zeman (Barbara "Bobbie" Spencer, General Hospital), and Judi Evans (Adrienne Johnson Kiriakis, Days of our Lives)
- Revenge Week September 3-7: Hosted by Drake Hogestyn (John Black, Days of our Lives) and Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady, Days of our Lives)
- Bad Boys Week September 10-14: Hosted by Matt Ashford (Jack Deveraux, Days of Our Lives) and Kin Shriner (Scott Baldwin, General Hospital)
- Double Lives Week September 17-21: Hosted by Laurence Lau (Greg Nelson, All My Children) and Alicia Minshew (Kendall Hart, All My Children)
- Family Secrets Week September 24-27: Hosted by Austin Peck and Terri Conn, who played Brad and Katie Snyder, a couple on As the World Turns and are married in real life
Additionally, on Labor Day, Monday, September 3 at 1 PM E/P, Investigation Discovery's DAYS OF OUR KNIVES block will offer viewers a first look at the all-new series DEADLY AFFAIRS with Susan Lucci. The top of the hour will be hosted by the queen of daytime television herself and will provide a 10-minute sneak peek of the series perfectly timed during the 1 PM time slot, which All My Children dominated for 41 years. DEADLY AFFAIRS premieres Saturday, September 8 at 10 PM E/P.
About Investigation Discovery:
Investigation Discovery (ID) is America's leading investigation network and the fastest-growing network in television. As the source for fact-based analytical content and compelling human stories, ID probes factors that challenge our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. ID delivers the highest-quality programming to more than 79 million U.S. households with viewer favorites that include On the Case with Paula Zahn, Disappeared, Unusual Suspects and Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets. For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and territories.
Please visit the Press Website at http://press.discovery.com/us/id/programs/days-of-our-knives for additional information about Investigation Discovery.
Are you addicted to Investigation Discovery? Connect with other super fans at IDaddicts.com
*Source: The Nielsen Company, NHI Calendar, 12/26/11-7/22/12, Daytime M-F 9a-4p, L+SD data, W25-54 delivery, Time Period Based Dayparts, Ad-supported cable. Excluding kids programming.
SOURCE Investigation Discovery