NEW YORK, January 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Under-Monitored Cloud Infrastructure at Great Risk of Unplanned Downtime and Service Disruption
Continuity Software™, the world's leading provider of service availability risk management solutions, today announced the results of the Continuity Software IT Operations Analytics Benchmark. Based on results collected across a variety of industry verticals - including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail - the benchmark underscores the importance of operational analytics in meeting IT performance goals.
The IT Operations Analytics Benchmark survey's key findings include:
- Large organizations are the most common users of analytical tools to monitor and measure IT performance goals.
- 57% of the large organizations surveyed use analytical tools to monitor, and measure IT performance goals (versus just 29% of small companies).
- Cross-domain operational excellence is mostly measured by uptime.
- 89% of the organizations surveyed measure uptime across most or all IT domains; 66% measure performance; 51% measure the number of open issues.
- Frequently tracking configuration consistency helps organizations meet their goals.
- 53% of the organizations that track configuration consistency on a daily basis across the IT infrastructure are meeting or exceeding their goals, compared to 31-33% of the organizations that track only portions of the infrastructure.
- Better measurement and analysis tools are required for IT operations excellence.
- 40% of organizations surveyed cited better measurement and analysis tools as the most effective means for achieving operations excellence, followed by tools to detect cross-domain IT configuration issues (22%) and tools to enforce IT best practices (19%).
- Storage and network performance rank highest.
- 71% of the organizations surveyed monitor storage and network key performance indicators (KPIs); other areas of IT operations that are commonly monitored and measured include applications (69%), databases (66%), and clusters (49%).
- Cloud environments continue to lag behind.
- Only 14% of the organizations surveyed monitor and measure cloud KPIs.
- 43% of the organizations never analyze configuration consistency in their cloud environment.
"Few would argue that business organizations that deliver IT operational excellence enjoy a distinct advantage over their competitors," said Doron Pinhas, CTO, Continuity Software. "As this survey reveals, organizations that are successful in achieving this goal invest in measurement and analysis of KPIs and are able to transform the collected insights into immediate actions."
He added, "It is also interesting to note that while the push to move data and applications into the cloud continues to escalate, most cloud infrastructure remains under-monitored, and consequently at great risk of unplanned downtime and service disruption."
To read the full report, please visit: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/serv/it-operational-analytics-survey
Tweet this: Continuity Software Benchmark Finds Measurement & Analysis Most Effective Means for Achieving IT Ops Excellence http://www.continuitysoftware.com/serv/it-operational-analytics-survey
- On-Demand Webinars: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/videos-2/
- White Papers: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/white-papers/
About Continuity Software
Continuity Software is the world's leading provider of service availability risk management solutions. Trusted by many of the largest and most successful companies around the world, Continuity Software's award-winning software mitigates downtime and data-loss risks across the entire enterprise IT landscape, including the datacenter's disaster recovery, high availability (HA), and private cloud environments. With Continuity Software solutions, organizations can be confident that service availability, data protection, and business continuity goals will be met or exceeded 365 days a year. For further information, please visit http://www.continuitysoftware.com, email email@example.com, or call: +1-888-782-8170 (United States) or +972 (3) 6470888 (Israel).
© Continuity Software. Continuity Software, RecoverGuard, AvailabilityGuard, AvailabilityGuard/Enterprise, AvailabilityGuard/Cloud, AvailabilityGuard/DR, AvailabilityGuard/Cluster, and AvailabilityGuard/SAN are trademarks of Continuity Software. All other brand and product names in this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Continuity Software Inc