CHICAGO, April 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Berlin Packaging, a leading full-service supplier of plastic, glass, and metal containers and closures, announced today that it has completed the integration of all operations of Chicago-based Continental Packaging Solutions following its acquisition of Continental last December. The integration process included rebranding all Continental sales and warehouse locations as well as transitioning employees and back-end technology to operate in the Berlin Packaging environment.
- Expansion of Berlin Packaging's footprint to more than 80 locations across North America, including a dozen additional warehouses and new sales offices in Boston, Miami, Milwaukee and Champaign, IL.
- Full integration with Berlin Packaging's award-winning Oracle/PeopleSoft order, inventory, and delivery management systems, which have played a key role in the company's 99% on-time delivery record as well as other customer service initiatives.
- Access by former Continental customers to a broader array of services, including custom packaging and graphic design, capital lending, and consulting.
- Enhancement of Berlin Packaging's on-the-ground Asian sourcing capabilities with the addition of Continental's supplier network and order volume.
- Consolidation of sales leads, new product news, and other communications for the two companies' joint suppliers under the Berlin Packaging umbrella.
The acquisition of Continental Packaging closed on December 14, 2010. It marked Berlin Packaging's second acquisition in ten months, following the March 2010 acquisition of Pittsburgh-based All-Pak, Inc.
"With the acquisitions of both Continental and All-Pak, we have broadened our geographic coverage, expanded our team of expert packaging consultants, and strengthened our ability to help customers improve their bottom line through highly impactful, cost-effective packaging solutions," said Andrew T. Berlin, Chairman and CEO of Berlin Packaging. "Now more than ever, customers and suppliers will be able to take advantage of the Berlin Packaging difference to help drive incremental sales and profits."
About Berlin Packaging
Berlin Packaging is North America's premier Hybrid Packaging Supplier of plastic, glass, and metal containers and closures. With over 33,000 available SKUs, over 100 packaging consultants, and more than 80 sales and warehouse locations across North America, the company has the right products, expertise, and geographic proximity to help customers increase their net income through packaging products and services. Berlin Packaging supplies billions of containers and closures annually as well as warehousing and logistics services for customers of all sizes in all industries. It is the only company in its sector to be ISO 9001 certified, to have Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) certification, and to achieve 99% on-time delivery of its shipments every month for seven years. Related services and specialty product divisions include Studio One Eleven custom packaging and graphic design, Berlin Global sourcing solutions, E3 profit-oriented consulting, Berlin Financial financing for equipment and capital improvements, Dangerous Goods transport, Freund Container & Supply convenience, and Qorpak laboratory supplies. The company can be reached at 1-800-2-BERLIN or at www.BerlinPackaging.com.
SOURCE Berlin Packaging