CHICAGO, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Berlin Packaging, the leading full-service supplier of glass, plastic, and metal containers and closures, announced today the completion of several moves to secure its place as one of Northern California's premier integrated packaging companies. From its acquisition and integration of Diablo Valley Packaging last November to a series of investments in warehouse space, additional employees and new capabilities, Berlin has changed the supplier landscape for companies seeking packaging in the wine, spirits, craft beer, food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries, among others.
While Berlin Packaging has been in Northern California for years, its investments over the past year better enable it to serve packaging demand in the region. Recent enhancements include:
- A doubling of its warehouse space in Hayward, California, that triples the possible number of daily shipments.
- The integration of Diablo Valley Packaging's warehousing in the Napa region. Diablo brought 200,000 square feet of warehouse space; the combined company now makes over 1,500 warehouse shipments per month to customers across Northern California.
- A major expansion in its sales and support teams. In addition to Diablo Valley Packaging's sales, customer service, procurement and warehousing personnel, Berlin has further strengthened the team with 20 new hires in the last 12 months. Five of these hires bolster the sales team in the wine market as well as the many other markets Berlin serves; there are also additional hires in customer service, procurement and warehousing.
- Investments in new equipment and technology to better serve specific segments, particularly the wine and craft beer markets. The company is adding automation, while retaining flexibility, to speed re-packing of bottles into cases. Currently as many as 5,000 cases per day can be packed from bulk glass or re-packed from one case into another.
- The ability to supply nearly 3,000 different rigid packaging SKUs made from materials including glass, plastic (HDPE, PP and PET) and metal (tin, tinplate and steel) as well as a complete array of closures and dispensing systems.
"There's a lot of uncertainty in the domestic and global economy these days. But we don't let the economy impact us—we want to impact the economy," said Peter Reno, President of the Western Region for Berlin Packaging. "Last year we saw our sales of packaging products rise more than 20% in California, and we are investing for even more growth."
In the past year, Berlin Packaging's Northern California operations have served nearly 1,000 customers in wine, spirits, craft beer, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, personal care, and household and industrial chemical sectors. The Chicago-based supplier, which has locations across North America, recently announced it crossed the $1 billion mark in annual revenues companywide.
About Berlin Packaging
Berlin Packaging is North America's only Hybrid Packaging Supplier® of plastic, glass, and metal containers and closures. See PaintTheTarget.com and GreaterFaster.com for more on how the company exists to help people and companies excel. With 35,000+ available SKUs, 150+ packaging consultants, and 100+ sales and warehouse locations across North America, the company has the right products, expertise, and geographic proximity to help customers increase their net income through packaging products and services. Berlin Packaging supplies billions of containers and closures annually as well as warehousing and logistics services for customers of all sizes in all industries. It is the only company in its sector to be ISO 9001 certified, to have Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) certification, and to achieve 99% on-time delivery of its shipments every month for 12 years and counting. Related services and specialty product divisions include Studio One Eleven custom packaging and graphic design, Berlin Global sourcing solutions, E3 profit-oriented consulting, Berlin Financial financing for equipment and capital improvements, Berlin Quality advocacy, Dangerous Goods transport, Freund Container & Supply convenience, and Qorpak laboratory supplies. The company can be reached at 1.800.2.BERLIN, BerlinPackaging.com, and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
SOURCE Berlin Packaging