SPRING CITY, Pa., Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The college ranking website BestCollegeReviews.org has released the article The 30 Most Successful College Sports Programs of All Time.
Close to eight million U.S students get involved in high school sports, and some of those individuals no doubt dream of showing off their skills at the college level. Best College Reviews created this list to show aspiring college athletes the most successful sporting programs of all time. According to the editors, the ranking is intended inform and inspire student athletes. To view the full article and descriptions of each program, visit http://www.bestcollegereviews.org/features/most-successful-college-athletics-programs/.
To determine the base ranking of the sports programs, Best College Reviews referred to data gleaned from the Capital One Cup, which measures colleges' achievements in multiple sports. Data were analyzed for the number of NCAA championship finals that each college has both reached going back to 1992. The following sports were considered: Men's Football, Men's Basketball, Men's Baseball, Women's Basketball, and Women's Softball.
Here is a list of schools that made the ranking.
- Baylor University – Waco, Texas
- University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, Arkansas
- University of Georgia – Athens, Georgia
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln – Lincoln, Nebraska
- University of South Carolina – Columbia, South Carolina
- University of Kentucky – Lexington, Kentucky
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Syracuse University – Syracuse, New York
- The University of Tennessee – Knoxville, Tennessee
- Pennsylvania State University – State College, Pennsylvania
- University of Virginia – Charlottesville, Virginia
- University of California, Berkeley – Berkeley, California
- Florida State University – Tallahassee, Florida
- University of Notre Dame – South Bend, Indiana
- The Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio
- University of Maryland – College Park, Maryland
- Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas
- Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- University of Texas – Austin, Texas
- University of Southern California – Los Angeles, California
- Duke University – Durham, North Carolina
- The University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- The University of Oklahoma – Norman, Oklahoma
- The University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona
- University of Oregon – Eugene, Oregon
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- University of Connecticut – Storrs, Connecticut
- University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California
- Stanford University – Stanford, California
- University of Florida – Gainesville, Florida
BestCollegeReviews.org evaluates publicly available data and produces independent ranking assessments of various educational programs and college facilities. The mission of Best College Reviews is to be a vital resource for potential students making one of the most important decisions of their lives. Best College Reviews recognize that no ranking system is perfect, and recommends that their ratings be used only as a general guide for choosing a quality school.
Contact: Julie McCaulley, Editor
Email: Contact - Best College Reviews
SOURCE Best College Reviews