WEST SIMSBURY, Conn., March 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Web Marketing Association announces the call for entries for its 15th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including healthcare, healthcare provider, medical, medical equipment, biotechnology and pharmaceutical websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for Healthcare websites to enter to be judged is May 27, 2011.
"The healthcare industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and companies can benefit from the independent evaluation of their online efforts," said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. "Healthcare web sites are typically strong in terms of content and copywriting due to their role of helping the organization become a trusted medical source. In past years, judges have also scored these sites well in ease of use, and design; however, they tend to lag in innovation and use of technology."
Websites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. Each WebAward entry in the Health Care category is judged against other healthcare sites and then against an overall standard of excellence.
All healthcare entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific criteria scores compared against the average scores for their industry. They also may receive specific comments from the WebAward's professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
Winners of a WebAward in the health care category will also receive:
- Handsome statue or certificate of achievement
- Increased visibility for their company
- Marketing opportunity to promote the company website to the media
- Links to your site from the highly ranked WebAward site to help SEO
- A highlight for your resume
- Admiration of peers, friends and co-workers
Each year, the Web Marketing Association names the Best of Industry for the various health care categories based on the score they receive from the WebAward judges.
Recent winners of the Best Health Care Web Site include:
- 2010 - Bridge Worldwide for Prilosec OTC - The Official Sponsor of You
- 2009 - Healthline Networks for Healthline
- 2008 - Global Beach for Terrence Higgins Trust (THT)
- 2007 - Rosetta for LIVE Outside the Bottle
- 2006 - Critical Mass for Kaiser Permanente Interactive Health Plan Advisor
- 2005 - DLC Solutions & Siteworx for Cochlear Website
- 2004 - Roche Diagnostics for Diabetes Assistant
- 2003 - Columbus Children's Hospital for Columbus Children's Hospital web site
- 2002 - Phoenix Children's Hospital for Phoenix Children's Hospital Web site
Recent winners of the Best Health Care Provider Web Site include:
- 2010 - Resurrection Health Care for Resurrection Health Care
- 2009 - Massachusetts General Hospital for Massachusetts General Hospital Redesign
- 2008 - Seena Rose Chettiveettil for Washington Hospital Center Website
- 2007 – eSiteful Corporation for The Methodist Hospital System
- 2006 – Clockwork Active Media Systems for J&D Dental
- 2005 – Twist Image for Mount Sinai Hospital Montreal
Recent winners of the Best Medical Web Site include:
- 2010 - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for Cure4Kids
- 2009 – Fullhouse for GE's Healthcare's RSNA 2008 Microsite
- 2008 - Digitas Health for MerckMedicus
- 2007 – Centers for Disease Control an for CDC.gov
- 2006 - WebMD Health for WebMD
- 2005 – Mojo Interactive for LocateADoc.com
- 2004 – Roche Diagnostics for ACCU-CHEK Web Site
- 2003 – ASCO for ASCO.org
- 2002 – MayoClinic.com for mayoclinic.com
Recent winners of the Best Medical Equipment Web Site include:
- 2010 - Boston Interactive - Palomar Medical Technologies
- 2009 - Extractable for Thermage Doctors
- 2008 – Great Than One for Guardian REAL – Time Glucose Monitor Tutorial
- 2007 – Cynosure and Small Army for Cynosure Corporate Web Site
- 2006 – Guidant.com for Guidant.com
- 2005 – Roche Diagnostics for MyLabOnline
Recent winners of the Best Biotechnology Web Site include:
- 2010 - Naturxan \ CreatiVerge for Naturxan.com
- 2009 – Amgen Oncology for Pioneering New Frontiers in Tumor Angiogenesis
- 2008 - Avenue A | Razorfish for Gene.com
- 2007 - Euro Life x2 for Prolastin
- 2006 - AxxiemCorp for Cara Therapeutics
- 2005 - Risdall Advertising Agency for Hutchinson Technology
- 2004 - Genzyme Corporation/Stellent for Genzyme Web Initiative
- 2003 - Alken-Murray Corporation for Alken-Murray
- 2002 - Hanley-Wood Integrated Marketing for whybiotech.com
Recent winners of the Best Pharmaceutical Web Site include:
- 2010 – Heartbeat Ideas and sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC. for Xyzal Website
- 2009 – Digitas Health for PulmicortRespules.com
- 2008 - Publicis Modem for RA Advisor Program
- 2007 – Biggs|Gilmore for Perrigo
- 2006 – Studiocom for CVS Medicare Expert
- 2005 – SimStar for BotoxCosmetic.com
- 2004 – Abdi Ibrahim Pharma – MagiClick Digital Solutions for Healthcare Portal – Morning After Pill
- 2003 – Insight Interactive Group for CrohnsResource.com Website
- 2002 – ivpcare, inc for ivpcare, inc website
There is one significant change in this year's WebAwards. The much coveted Top Agency WebAward is given to the organization who wins the most total WebAwards in a single competition. However each year many agencies win multiple awards and deserve additional recognition. This year, we will recognize each organization that wins 10 or more WebAwards with an Outstanding Interactive Developer trophy.
Participants can improve their chances on winning a WebAward by checking out the Web Marketing Association Facebook Page and becoming a fan of the page. The Web Marketing Association will be providing hints and tips on how to improve your chances on winning a top award though out April and May.
The 2011 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: BGT Partners, Burst Media, PR Newswire, AllBusiness, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, Internet World UK, SES Conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association's 15th annual international WebAwards competition sets the standard of excellence in 96 industries by evaluating Web sites based on the seven essential criteria of successful Web site development. The WebAwards recognizes the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective Websites on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from a Website assessment by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented to an award-winning Web site. For more information, visit www.webaward.org.
SOURCE Web Marketing Association