SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 22, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, is pleased to announce that nine Fujitsu scanners were selected as "Editor's Choice Award" winners in the Better Buys for Business 2011 Scan-to-File Guide, published in the November issue. The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 & S1500M, ScanSnap fi-6010N iScanner, fi-6130 & fi-6230, fi-6670 & fi-6770, fi-6800, and fi-5950 were deemed winners in five out of six product categories, including multipurpose, networked, low-volume, midrange, and high-end production models. Additionally, the fi-6800 model received the 2010 Innovative Product of the Year Award in the "scan-to-file" category. This signals the eleventh consecutive year Fujitsu has won the "Editor's Choice Award" in the publication's Scan-to-File Guide.
Awarded once per year in each Scan-to-File Guide and determined by the staff of the leading independent authority on office equipment, the "Editor's Choice Award" is given to the models that deliver the highest level of performance and offer the greatest value for consumers in each product category. The winning Fujitsu scanners were evaluated against models from all major manufacturers and analyzed to determine the strength of their features and specifications as well as how they measure up against competing products.
- The ScanSnap S1500 and S1500M models were honored in the "multipurpose" category for their speed, ease of use, intelligent paper feed detection and software.
- The ScanSnap fi-6010N iScanner was recognized in the "networked" category for its office-linking functionality, including Scan to Email, Scan to Folder, Scan to Network Fax, Scan to FTP, and Scan to Print, as well as its advanced imaging features and programmable function buttons.
- The fi-6130 and fi-6230 were selected in the "low-volume production" category because of their solid features and affordable price.
- The fi-6670 and fi-6770 rounded out the "midrange production" category for their fast scanning, ultrasonic double-feed detection, intelligent functions, advanced image processing, and valuable bundled software tools and applications.
- The fi-6800 was recognized in the "high-end production" category for its power and speed as a new addition to the Fujitsu production scanner line.
- The fi-5950 was also selected in the "high-end production" category for its large volume paper handling, triple ultrasonic double feed detection, and ability to handle unconventional materials.
"Fujitsu's recognition as an 'Editor's Choice Award' winner for eleven consecutive years by Better Buys for Business is a testament to our commitment to innovation, quality, and our customers," said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "We are honored to receive this award from one of the leading authorities in the office equipment industry."
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. We provide cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2010 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.