REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BetterWorks, enterprise software for easily managing strategic plans, goals and performance conversations, today announced a powerful API for goals that gives business leaders access to data and context on the beat of their workforce. The BetterWorks API connects all data points across an organization, puts this information in the context of the most important company goals and displays it wherever is most useful for the company. Now BetterWorks customers and third parties can pull in data for custom reports and dashboards, populate their HRIS systems with relevant data and update goals programmatically from any platform or application.
Available in July 2016, the API will allow customers to develop internal applications on top of BetterWorks data or connect goal updates with their external systems. Some examples for future development include:
- ConsumerAffairs, a third-party consumer news and reviews website and customer engagement SaaS provider for brands, will populate its business intelligence platform with goal data from BetterWorks
- Solium, a global leader in equity plan management software, will update key results directly from its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Volusion, a leading all-in-one ecommerce software and shopping cart solution provider, will use the API to update goal progress directly from its agile project management software
- Advance Digital, Inc., a part of the Advance Local group, is responsible for digital strategy, innovation and development of multiplatform news and information products and is pulling goal data from BetterWorks into issue and project tracking tool JIRA
- Instructure, a SaaS provider dedicated to helping organizations develop and manage face-to-face and online learning experiences, is creating a check-in integration where goal progress is automatically updated when Instructure courses are completed
"Since deploying BetterWorks across our teams at Instructure, we've seen an increase in company alignment as employees set, manage and interact with individual and company goals," Melissa Loble, VP, Platform at Instructure. "The check-in integration we're creating with the BetterWorks API will now allow progress on courses in our learning solution, Bridge, to be automatically reflected via goals in BetterWorks. Accessing this API will allow us and our common customers to finally marry learning and goals."
BetterWorks is the first to combine the power of goals and the value of people by making all relevant data easily accessible from one place. Through the API, BetterWorks customers can sync goal data from BetterWorks to software or automatically import data and updates to BetterWorks. In the coming quarters, BetterWorks will introduce robust integrations with Google for Work, Zendesk and Asana.
"To succeed in a competitive and rapidly changing business environment, leaders must have access to the most up-to-date information on the performance of the organization and progress towards individual and team goals," said Dan Simon, Head of Engineering at BetterWorks, who joined the team in May 2016. "As BetterWorks becomes the business operating system for the enterprise, we're building a platform designed to connect all relevant data points across the organization and more importantly, make that data usable for business leaders however they need it, in any system."
Access to the BetterWorks API will be available to customers and partners in July 2016 at developers.betterworks.com. Additional integrations and endpoints, including extending the API to the BetterWorks performance development module, are coming soon.
For more information, visit www.BetterWorks.com.
BetterWorks® provides enterprise software to easily manage strategic plans, collaborative goals and ongoing performance conversations. Its Business Operating System is built on Goal Science® insights and operational research to help high-performing companies execute more effectively. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City, and is backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Emergence Capital and 8VC. BetterWorks has an experienced team from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce and Yammer. To learn more about BetterWorks, visit www.BetterWorks.com.
CONTACT: Sarah Hilmer, email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/betterworks-launches-api-to-connect-all-data-across-the-workplace-300289158.html