Collaboration will further world-class technology training
TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BICSI, the association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry with information, education and knowledge assessment, has teamed up with Cisco, the worldwide leader in networking, to work together to provide world-class technology training and education to the ITS industry.
BICSI and Cisco share a common mission in advancing the information technology industry and the systems that support today's evolving business infrastructure. Under the terms of the agreement, BICSI and Cisco will provide educational and training opportunities in addition to credentials and certifications for each other's current customer and membership base. The synergy provides a great avenue for additional educational opportunities for both organizations' customers.
- Cisco provides training and certifications for the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model's network layer, whereas BICSI offers training courses and credentials for those who work in the OSI physical and data link layers.
- Active Cisco® CCENT®, CCNA®, CCNA Voice®, CCNA Wireless®, CCNA Security®, CCDA®, CCNP® CCSP®, CCNP Voice®, CCNP Wireless®, CCNP Security®, and CCDP™ certification holders will benefit from discounts on BICSI products such as data center, installation, network and security courses and manuals, as well as BICSI standards.
- BICSI members will be able to receive additional Continuing Educational Credits (CECs) by taking approved Cisco courses, such as Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices and Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures.
- Nearly two dozen Cisco courses have currently been approved for BICSI CECs.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said:
"There are only a few areas in the economy where jobs and opportunities for employment are recession-proof, and the dynamic networking field is one of them. As we continue to see double-digit growth in the job market for network architects, engineers, technicians and security specialists, we are working with industry leaders to extend our reach into new communities to assist the growth of talent for the industry. Every major technology trend -- including mobility, virtualization, cloud and video -- relies on a highly secure, resilient network that is prepared to deliver these services. Cisco intends to meet this growth demand by helping prepare qualified individuals with the skills and experience to build, troubleshoot and repair these types of networks and infrastructure. By teaming with BICSI, we are able to help more aspiring networking professionals become engaged with this exciting industry and develop the skills to match changing business requirements and new job roles."
- Brian Hansen, BICSI President, RCDD, NTS, CSI, said:
"This is a very important first step for BICSI and one that will bring new CEC opportunities for our credential holders. This is a huge benefit for those who are looking for more opportunities to get CECs without having to travel far distances. Cisco offers instructor-led training through authorized learning partners around the world, self-assessments, mobile learning and e-learning products, and this global, customized approach will help solidify BICSI's stance in getting CECs for our global community as well."
- Find out more about BICSI products and services at: http://www.bicsi.org.
- Find out more about approved Cisco courses for CECs and other discount offers at: http://www.ciscolearningnetwork.com.
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/bicsi
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bicsi
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=77414&trk=hb_side_g
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/BICSI2008
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
BICSI is a professional association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry. ITS covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, and audio & video technologies. It encompasses the design, integration and installation of pathways, spaces, fiber- and copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signaling between and among communications and information gathering devices.
BICSI provides information, education and knowledge assessment for individuals and companies in the ITS industry. We serve more than 23,000 ITS professionals, including designers, installers and technicians. These individuals provide the fundamental infrastructure for telecommunications, audio/video, life safety and automation systems. Through courses, conferences, publications and professional registration programs, BICSI staff and volunteers assist ITS professionals in delivering critical products and services, and offer opportunities for continual improvement and enhanced professional stature.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA, BICSI membership spans nearly 90 countries. For more information, visit www.bicsi.org.