TAMPA, Fla., March 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BICSI announced today that John D. Clark, Jr., CAE, CEO and Executive Director is retiring effective December 31, 2019, when his contract expires. Clark has held the position since 2008.
"On behalf of the BICSI Board of Directors, I would like to thank John for his invaluable leadership and substantial contributions to BICSI," said BICSI President Jeff Beavers, RCDD, OSP, CFHP. "Under his direction, BICSI has expanded globally and enhanced its position in the ICT community. John's leadership and vision laid the foundation for the success of BICSI, and his ability to execute our strategy has resulted in the organization we are today."
During Clark's era BICSI significantly expanded its role in the ICT industry. Major successes include:
- The emergence of BICSI as a major global ANSI-accredited standards development organization.
- BICSI's entrée into the Data Center + Telecommunications Project Management fields with new publications, training and credentialing for each.
- A major upgrade of BICSI's professional development programs, including the creation of the BICSI Learning Academy and the launch of BICSI's New Frontier of Professional Development.
- The modernization and upgrading of BICSI's broad credentialing programs through its Credentialing 2020 initiative.
- Renovation of BICSI's Tampa-based headquarters in its Project Refresh initiative, including a major enlargement of its training campus.
- Global expansion on many fronts, including the addition of two new global Board seats, an increase of global conferences, new and expanded training and standards partnerships, and the opening of a new BICSI-staffed Middle East & Africa office in Dubai.
Clark said "My 11 years as CEO of BICSI have been an exciting and rewarding adventure. Our members and credential holders advance the ICT industry every day. Our volunteers offer a tremendous sense of enthusiasm and effort in their support of BICSI. The BICSI staff understand and relish the commitment and work ethic required for a career in the profession of association management. And what has made this experience particularly meaningful is the relationship I've experienced with the 11 BICSI Boards with whom I have served. We have shared the strong bond of seeking the very best for our members, credential holders and students." Clark added "All of what we accomplished was through the Power of Partnership—Board, volunteers and staff all working closely together as one team."
Prior to BICSI, Clark served for 10 years as President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE). Clark graduated magna cum laude from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the same school. Clark is also a long-time ASAE Certified Association Executive (CAE).
"John has been a remarkable leader for BICSI for these past 10+ years. His temperament and innovative thinking, deep understanding of the ICT community and association management, along with the ability to inspire leadership in others has defined his tenure," said BICSI Immediate Past President Brian Ensign, RCDD, NTS, OSP, RTPM, CSI. "I wish John the best as he moves into the next phase of his life!"
Todd W. Taylor, RCDD, NTS, OSP, BICSI President-Elect, will chair the search committee for Clark's successor.
BICSI is a professional association supporting advancing the information and communications technology (ICT) community. ICT covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, project management and audio & video technologies.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA, BICSI membership spans nearly 100 countries.