SEATTLE, June 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Big Fish, the world's largest producer of casual games, is giving players on almost any device the chance to play its popular and addictive solitaire game, "Fairway Solitaire".
- The winner of many awards, including IGN's 2012 People's Choice Award for "Best Mobile Board Game of the Year," "Fairway Solitaire" is now on Google Play and Amazon. Card golfers around the world on Windows 8, Windows 8 Phone, iPhone, iPad and PC have already been enjoying its addictive play.
- "Fairway Solitaire" is an inventive solitaire game that incorporates a golf theme and virtual currency into a familiar card game and turns it into a one-of-a-kind strategic mobile experience.
- To date, "Fairway Solitaire" players have played more than 8000 man years on the "Fairway Solitaire" greens and they have had a lot to keep them entertained -- 350+ handcrafted holes, witty golf announcers and an entertaining cartoon storyline, starring a meddlesome gopher named Gutsy McDivot.
- Built in-house by Big Fish Studios, "Fairway Solitaire" is offered on multiple platforms, and supports 11 languages (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian).
- Unlike most solitaire games, which rely almost exclusively on the luck of the draw, Big Fish's "Fairway Solitaire" incorporates strategy through golf elements, such as long drives, golf clubs that can be played as cards, hazards like sand traps and rough cards, and more. Playing the right golf club with the right power-up can be the difference between a double bogey and a perfect score/hole-in-one. Success on each hole earns the player virtual currency that can be used to buy extra irons, power-ups in the Golf Shop, and even bonus golf courses.
- "Fairway Solitaire" is available for free download at Big Fish Games, Amazon.com, iTunes Store, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Google Play. A trailer is available here.
- Patrick Wylie, VP of Big Fish Studios: "We are very excited to launch 'Fairway Solitaire' on multiple platforms. In fact, to honor the event, I am making it mandatory for studio employees to dress in golf attire for the entire launch week of "Fairway Solitaire" on Android.
- John Cutter, Creative Director and Lead Designer of "Fairway Solitaire": "Fairway Solitaire was putting around in my head for years. Judging by the huge number of fans we have around the world, and the game's many awards, I guess I was not wrong in thinking that two of the most inherently boring pastimes -- solitaire and golf -- could combine into a game that people continue to play week over week."
About Big Fish
Founded in 2002, Big Fish <http://www.bigfishgames.com> is the world's largest producer of casual games and is dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish's network of more than 500 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games Studios. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalogue of 3,000+ unique PC games and 300+ unique mobile games and offers cross-platform streaming games via the proprietary universal cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited. Big Fish's games are played in more than 150 countries on a wide variety of devices across 10 languages. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA; Cork, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Luxembourg.
For further information please contact:
PR for Big Fish
SOURCE Big Fish