DALLAS, September 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
RnRMarketResearch.com adds "The World Market for Bio-Based Chemicals, 2nd Edition" to its store.
Steady sales for lactic acid and biopolymers over the next decade will act as stable drivers for the bio-based chemicals market through to 2021. The overall growth of the market, however, greatly depends on the continued adoption of biodiesel to provide steady glycerin production and the market growth of new glycerin-based intermediate chemicals. This research expects the bio-based chemicals market to grow to $12.2 billion by 2021, accounting for 25.4 billion pounds of bio-based chemical production at the end of the decade.
The bio-based chemicals market has continued steady and solid growth in the past two years, helped along by stabilization in glycerin prices to achieve a market of $3.6 billion in 2011. Glycerin and lactic acid accounted for just over two-thirds of the bio-based chemical market by value in 2011. However, by 2021 this market share will shrink to 53% as the emerging markets for bio-based polyethylene (PE) and epichlorohydrin (ECH) achieve 10-fold growth through the decade.
Strong biodiesel markets in South America, Europe and Asia have ensured plentiful global crude glycerin feedstocks in the last few years. While glycerin prices have stabilized since their incredible slump in 2009, their continued affordable price is driving the emergence of new bio-based intermediate chemicals using glycerin as the feedstock: propylene glycol (PG), ECH and methanol. However, the success of these new market segments greatly depends on the continued availability of affordable glycerin.
Lactic acid sales weathered the recession very well, continuing their strong, steady growth seen since 2006. Chemical and pharmaceutical applications, which includes polylactic acid (PLA) production, is maintaining its place as the fastest growing sector of lactic acid sales. In the biopolymer segment, PLA continues to lead the segment by a strong margin, while the polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) market, though still strong, is experiencing real fluidity due to the exit of ADM from its joint venture with Metabolix. Biopolymers have strong growth potential over the next decade, particularly if companies such as Braskem and Dow manage to increase capacity for bioethylene production and convince manufacturers of its drop-in capacity for polyethylene and other plastics.
The World Market for Bio-Based Chemicals, 2nd Edition provides key insight into current and future markets for bio-based chemicals worldwide, with a particular emphasis on U.S., European and Asian markets. The analysis includes definitions, current product offerings and market detail on the following segments:
- Glycerin, including both raw and refined products
- Lactic acid, its salts and esters (i.e. lactide and other derivatives)
- Bio-based polymers used to form plastics
- Other industrial organic acids, amino acids and organic compounds made from bio-based feedstocks and used as precursors for the production of other chemicals.
The report also analyzes the key drivers behind the bio-based chemical market, and looks at industries that make use of bio-based chemicals for their end products, particularly bioplastics, surfactants, solvents and adhesives.
This report contains primary and secondary data obtained from government sources, trade associations and publications, business journals, scientific papers, company literature, investment reports, and interviews with industry professionals. Statistics on U.S. production, imports and exports are from the U.S. Census Bureau and the U.S. International Trade Commission; European production and trade data primarily comes from Eurostat; trade data for other nations comes from the respective customs office for each country and the United Nations Comtrade database.
What You'll Get in This Report
The World Market for Bio-Based Chemicals, 2nd Edition provides a concise, focused look at the market for chemicals made from biomass feedstocks as it exists today, and shows where the market is moving between 2012 and 2021. The report highlights key players in the bio-based chemicals industry and pinpoints ways that current and prospective competitors can capitalize on recent trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The World Market for Bio-Based Chemicals, 2nd Edition offers. In addition, you'll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You'll Benefit from this Report
If your company is considering investing in biorenewable chemical technologies, or is involved in petroleum-based chemical production and considering expanding its portfolio to include bio-based alternatives, you will find this report invaluable as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current market for bio-based platform chemicals, as well as projected markets and trends for these chemicals through 2021. The report also provides a concise view of the top application industries for available bio-based chemicals, outlining key drivers and barriers for these markets.
This report will help:
- Marketing managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for businesses looking to develop markets for both new and existing bio-based chemicals.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for bio-based chemicals as well as the downstream product market for platform and intermediate bio-based chemicals.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in a host of market sectors such as neutraceuticals, retail and commercial cleaner products, transportation, textiles or construction products to develop messages and images that compel homeowners, businesses and industries to migrate towards bio-based chemicals as an alternative to petroleum-based products.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships with feedstock providers, key organizations and bio-based chemical manufacturers with unique products or processes.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/the-world-market-for-bio-based-chemicals-2nd-edition-market-report.html.
Explore More Reports on the Chemicals Market and its sub-segments:
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Chemical Equipments
- Industrial Gases
- Flame Retardant
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Lubricants & Oils
- Organic Chemicals
- Paint & Coatings
- Specialty Chemicals
RnrMarketResearch.com (http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/) is an online market research reports library of 175,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.