SAN DIEGO, Jan. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BioMed Realty, the leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science community, announced today six officer promotions across the Company's fully integrated platform. The Cambridge, Massachusetts and San Diego, California based officers have a combined total of over 100 years of experience in life science real estate, and a combined total of over 40 years with BioMed Realty.
- Bill Kane has been promoted to Executive Vice President, East Coast and United Kingdom Markets after serving as Senior Vice President, East Coast Leasing since 2016. Mr. Kane will continue to oversee leasing, while helping advance business development on the East Coast and the United Kingdom. He has contributed to the Company's leasing, development and acquisitions success in Boston-Cambridge, New York and the U.K. during his ten years with the Company and is a 20-year veteran of the life science real estate business. Prior to joining BioMed Realty, Mr. Kane served in senior management positions in leasing and development at private real estate companies based in the Boston area, including The Fallon Group, Davis Marcus Partners and Lyme Properties.
- Senior Vice President Kevin Simonsen has been elevated to General Counsel. Mr. Simonsen most recently served as Senior Vice President, Senior Counsel and Secretary since 2016. He has spent 13 years with the Company and led our real estate and corporate legal teams the last three years. He has worked extensively on the U.K. portfolio, acquisitions, litigation, risk management and general corporate matters. Mr.Simonsen joined BioMed Realty from Latham & Watkins and has two decades of legal experience.
- Kevin Slein was promoted to Senior Vice President, Facilities after serving as Vice President, Facilities since 2016. Over his eight years with BioMed Realty, Kevin has led the efforts to upgrade the building and facilities services throughout the portfolio and has demonstrated an a passion for eco-friendly and cost-effective solutions to many of the Company's most complex facilities utilizing his expertise that dates back to 1994. Kevin was the Executive Director of Site Operations for Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts prior to joining BioMed Realty.
- Tracy Perrelle was promoted to Vice President, West Coast Property Management, which currently encompasses 45 properties throughout the San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle markets. Tracy has worked in various property management roles since joining BioMed Realty in 2012. Her real estate background includes senior roles within The Irvine Company and MIG Real Estate. Tracy is also a U.S. Army veteran.
- Russ Garland has been promoted to Vice President, East Coast Facilities. Mr. Garland has served as Senior Director, East Coast Facilities since he joined the Company in 2011. Prior to that, He was Director of Engineering and Facilities for Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Senior Manager of Facilities, Maintenance and Operations for AstraZeneca.
- Paul Draper has been promoted to Vice President, West Coast Facilities after serving as Senior Director, West Coast Facilities since joining BioMed Realty in 2007. Mr. Draper has worked in senior facilities, engineering, construction and operations management positions throughout his 39-year career, including senior positions at Biogen Idec and Hewlett Packard.
Commenting on the announcement, Tim Schoen, President and CEO of BioMed Realty, said, "These promotions are well deserved and strengthen our unique, fully-integrated platform in each of our core life science markets. Each of these professionals and their teams tirelessly manage the day to day operations of our properties enabling BioMed to provide mission-critical environments and state-of-the-art facilities to help our clients advance research and innovation."
About BioMed Realty
Founded in 2004 and a Blackstone portfolio company since 2016, BioMed Realty owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 10.6 million square feet in the leading innovation markets in the United States and United Kingdom, led by Boston-Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, New York and Cambridge U.K. In addition, BioMed Realty maintains a premier development pipeline with 2.5 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction to meet the growing demand of the life science industry. With over 200 tenant partners, BioMed Realty provides real estate solutions for global enterprises, leading universities and premier research institutions. Additional information is available at www.biomedrealty.com. Follow us on Twitter @biomedrealty.
SOURCE BioMed Realty