CARLSBAD, Calif., July 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The tenth annual BioPharm America™ will take place in Boston, MA at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, September 26–27. The event will deliver unequaled value and unparalleled access to global decision makers and innovative biotech startup companies. The event is expected to draw 800+ life science leaders during two impactful days. BioPharm America is now part of Biotech Week Boston, and provides delegates with additional networking opportunities with 4,500+ life science industry influencers participating in 8+ Boston-based events hosted by KNect365 and partners, September 25–28.
"BioPharm America is a unique partnering event that enables the most cutting edge biotech companies to break into the inner circle of life science dealmaking," said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. "There is no other event that captures the energy and excitement of Boston's startup culture to infuse global partnerships for drug discovery."
Biotech startups have an expanded presence at the event, and will have many opportunities to find best fit partners for every phase of development, from discovery and research, to early clinical development. In addition to company presentations, biotech companies will participate in a Startup Program that includes a Startup Pitch Competition with judges comprised of business development execs, venture capitalists, and industry experts.
Leading pharma executives and investors headlining the program include:
- Christiana Bardon – Managing Director, Oncology Impact Fund, MPM Capital; Portfolio Manager, Burrage Capital
- Philip Gotwals, Head, Search and Evaluation Strategic Alliances, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
- Kevin Johnson – Co-Founder and Partner, Medicxi
- Peter Kolchinsky – Managing Director, RA Capital Management, LLC
- Nilesh Kumar – Partner, Novo Ventures
- Lizabeth Leveille – Associate VP and Head, Boston Innovation Hub, BD&L, Merck
- Eddie Martucci – Co-Founder and CEO at Akili Interactive Labs; VP at PureTech Ventures
- Rick Pierce – Founder FEP Capital Advisors
- Chandra Ramanathan – VP and Head, East Coast Innovation Center, Bayer
- Barbara Russell – Managing Director, Detwiler Fenton
- Aaron Schwartz – Director, R&D Innovation Sourcing, Novo Nordisk
- Rafaèle Tordjman – Special Advisor, Sofinnova Partners.
BioPharm America creates a robust exchange among hundreds of executives from venture capital firms, major pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, patient advocacy groups, and biotechnology companies of every size and stage, from mature to startup. The event brings dealmakers from the life science ecosystem together to engage and de-risk the enormous task of drug development.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®;
- BioPharm America™;
- Biotech Showcase™;
- BioEquity Europe;
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum; and
- Cell & Gene Exchange.
Tune into EBD Group's Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biopharm-america-offers-more-high-level-opportunities-for-networking-with-global-life-science-executives-at-2017-edition-300484936.html
SOURCE EBD Group